10 Days Left to Apply to the Legal Empowerment Leadership Course!

Applications are still open for this year’s Legal Empowerment Leadership Course. The aim of the course is to cultivate a global cadre of leaders who are committed to legal empowerment, and who share a common understanding of the field, including history, methodology, and evidence.

Apply for the 2019 Legal Empowerment Leadership Course!

A faculty of respected practitioners and academics lead course participants in an in-depth exploration of key themes, including the conceptual framework of legal empowerment, community organizing and social movements, and the role of grassroots legal advocates in realizing systemic change. The participatory nature of the course also emphasizes peer-to-peer learning through small group work.

Read the course brochure here

The course will run from December 1st till December 6th and will be held on the campus of the Central European University in Budapest, Hungary. The 5th edition of the annual course is a collaboration between the CEU’s School of Public Policy,Open Society Justice Initiative, Namati, and the Robert L. Bernstein Institute for Human Rights at New York University School of Law.

We invite applications from practitioners, policy makers, donors, and researchers. Scholarships are available to a limited number of applicants on a competitive basis.

In your application you will be asked to submit

• a short problem statement, describing a challenge area or inquiry facing you in your work, or

• a short proposal for research or action that you wish to workshop throughout the course; and

• your CV.

The deadline to apply is August 8

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. I am done. I am waiting for the results

4 Likes

Dear Namati,

It is frustrating that after spending time in the online application for the upcoming legal leadership course, that the system gets stuck and submission is impossible.

Please fix.

Thanks, Mohamed

3 Likes

Hi @MohamedAdam, I’m sorry to hear that you’re having problems. The application form is hosted on CEU’s site. They do receive many applications to the course, so they may be experiencing difficulties because of this. This is the first time we have heard about any issues with the form, and I will reach out to them and let them know.

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear that, we are waiting for more up date

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step