2017 Indigenous Mapping Workshop: Registration

Morning!

I wanted to announce that registration for the 2017 Indigenous Mapping Workshop opens on June 1st, 2017.

Maps are a power visual representation of a community’s land use, rights, and interests. In many cases, maps can give added leverage to support rights and interests in consultation and negotiations with government and industries.

The 4th annual Indigenous Mapping Workshop will welcome more than 200 community mapping practitioners from across North America to Winnipeg, Manitoba on October 30 to November 2, 2017.

This four-day event will explore Google, Esri Canada, and QGIS geospatial tools. Participants will learn how to use these tools to collect, host, visualize, share, and publish community data. The technical training will be co-led by members of Google Earth Outreach, Esri Canada, and a global network of Indigenous mapping experts.

For more information about the workshop, please visit our site: www.indigenousmaps.com

Follow us on Twitter @indigenousmaps

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to email me: jehacket@indigenousmaps.com

I hope to see you there!

Jeff

2 Likes