This year’s Summit will focus on civic engagement, fighting against corruption, and public service delivery. Through the Justice For All campaign, the Global Legal Empowerment Network will be calling for increased funding and protection for grassroots justice defenders leading, and specifically securing, new justice commitments in revised OGP National Action Plans.
The objectives of the Summit are to promote peer learning, inspire OGP reformers to raise the level of ambition, and push the open government agenda forward to address new challenges and improve the lives of citizens around the world.
This year, 76 new OGP National Action Plans (NAPs) will be co-created by government and civil society – learn more about how you can help contribute to these new OGP NAPs.
More information on the OGP Global Summit :
- Registration: https://ogpsummit.org/registration
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions: https://ogpsummit.org/faq
- Network Members Already Registered to Attend:
- Oliver Chima Ajah, Development & Integrity Intervention Goal Foundation, Nigeria (@DIG)
- Stacey Cram, Namati, USA (@staceycram)
- Maximin Djondo, Benin Environment and Education Society, Benin (@maxdjondo)
- Germán Emanuele, Poder Ciudadano, Argentine Chapter, Transparency International, Argentina (@germanemanuele)
- Lamin Fofanah, United For The Protector of Human Rights Women & Children Affairs, Sierra Leone (@Foday)
- Undral Gombodorj, Democracy Education Center, Mongolia (@Undral)
- Sorina Macrinici, Legal Resources Centre, Moldova (@SorinaMacrinici)
- Marlon Manuel, Global Legal Empowerment Network, Philippines (@marlonmanuel)
- Nino Pruidze, Save the Children, Georgia (@nino)
- Sohanur Rahman, Bangladesh Model Youth Parliament, Bangladesh (@wyporg)
- Alari Rammo, Network of Estonian Nonprofit Organizations, Estonia (@Alari)
- Nancy Diana Sesay, Open Society Initiative for West Africa, Sierra Leone (@nancysesay)
- Peter Chapman, Open Society Justice Initiative (@peterchapman)
It’s not too late to register – we hope to see many of you there! Stay tuned in this thread for more updates on the OGP Summit in the coming weeks. Let’s keep the conversation going.
Find out more about the Justice For All campaign’s activities by joining our monthly coalition calls, held the second Tuesday of each month. Thank you to @nancysesay, Pillkyu Hwang, @katrinanoyes, @marlonmanuel, @lucianabercovich, @staceycram, @tobiaseigen, @cocolammers, and @ashleyvanwaes for joining our very first coalition call last week!
Join the discussion below. Are you or your colleagues planning to attend the OGP Summit? How can we get more access to justice commitments in OGP NAPs? If your country is rewriting a NAP, what grassroots access to justice commitments will you aim to get included?