Action Guide on Community-led Research is Now Available in 13 Languages!

Greetings from IAP! ​ I’m really excited to share with you IAP’s latest versions of the Community Action Guide on Community-led Research in four languages: Armenian, Bahasa Indonesia, French, and Tagalog.

These new versions are added to the initial compilation of the Guide in English, Burmese, Khmer, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Uzbek, and Vietnamese. This is in line with our commitment to support community-led development.

This guide offers detailed guidance on each step of the research process, information on safety and security, and inspiring stories from three community organizers who used community-led research to support community-led responses and advocacies. Each chapter allows you to deep dive into interactive activities that could support your community in identifying the priority issues, finding allies, building a research plan, documenting the community’s own experience and perspectives toward development, conducting simple data analysis, and identifying key audiences supporting their research goals.

To learn more about IAP’s Community Action Guides, you may check it here:​ ​Community Action Guides - International Accountability Project

​Please feel free to share ​these with your partner communities and networks. We hope to learn about your experience with community-led research and how these guides can be helpful for you.

In solidarity, Tom

3 Likes

Wow! This is a powerful tool. It is very helpful for some of us who have growing Community-Based Organizations.

Thanks very much for sharing.

Regards. Lossie

2 Likes

Hello Everyone :)! I am surveying to implement a vocational training program in a rural area in Nepal. I am currently a Master’s in public health student. Does anyone have a survey template I can utilize for a rural community in a lmic country like Nepal? Any resources or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thanks so much, Lossie. Please feel free to share with us your own experience using the guide and let us know if there’s anything we can support. Best wishes from IAP, Tom

1 Like

Namaskaar Rashmi ji, please feel free to use or adapt our community-led survey template You can check out more resources from IAP here. All the best.

1 Like