Advocacy

Good Morning Team. Let me share the 16 days of activism .We Onugpwani were on toes from day one. We also witnessed Kenya police brutality inside the 16 days and shared on my tweets the scary photos which as reported included rape and sodomization. 25th Nov. We partnered with six org and held awareness, empowerment and poets at Mtopanga primary where six girls were forced to drop out of school due to early pregnancy. 26Nov .Were at Bamburi Ward with talent search and shot dramas 27th …Football league girls under 18 28th…Foot ball Boys under 18 29th…Women and Community Dialogue in Changamwe 30th …We visited hospitals 31st…We held members lunch Ist Dec… We joined the County GK and other organization. Worlds aids day 2nd…We joinned in enviromental clean up 3rd …Our youths joined the PWD march 4th …We together with other orgs, Kenya police joinned in a police band march and door to door in Changamwe as the handed over bangles of peace a significance of bridging and building the lost confidence. 4th and 5th …Admitted 250 youths from Kilifi /Mombasa County. We named it Boot camp as sports was in the program. GBV was main discussion and we together learnt and i believe we came out stronger. We joinned hands with Kenya YMCA, HURIA and Chiefs. 7/8th…We were invited to a youth and Women forum by the NSC… GK. In a lucrative sport collecting report on election violence. It was like a holiday to many of us but the testimonies were chilling. 9/10th …We joinned KNCHR, MUHURI, CWID, OMBUDSMAN, KITUO CHA SHERIA, TI, and other smaller orgs joinned hands at Kisauni grounds where were addressed the public on GBV. It was a great experience. Alone we cant together we can. Thank You.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence - Nov 25 to Dec 10, 2017