Affordable legal help in Canada

I am interested to know more about how the community paralegals can help with improving the access to legal help in Canada and specifically in Ontario. Is someone interested with discussing this topic? Many people can not afford to get legal service. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey, great to see you back! How have you been?

You may want to take a look at this post, and do a keyword search for Ontario. There is a surprising amount of forum conversation about legal empowerment in your city.

Hi Tobias,

Thank you very much! Very kind of you. I am doing well, still trying to find my place in the legal industry or somewhere else. I find the networking is a powerful and very efficient way to do a job search. So far I had experience in three law offices and my feelings are mixed. The corporate environment can be very frustrating although there are many really good and supportive people. My passion is the social content of the law and there are a lot of needs here in Canada. I am optimistic.

Have a great day.

Alex

1 Like

This is good idea. Will it be enough for the needs of the communities?

Dear Partners,

Greetings from AFCOD - Uganda

We are desirous of securing some volunteers from Canada, USA, UK, Australia etc. to work with in our organization in Uganda in tje areas of human rights, GBV and other programs.

Any one willing and or with the information regarding the same please reach us for the arrangements.

Thanks

BLAIR Musasizi Samuel

(AFCOD-UGANDA)

Good morning, Can you please give me some details? I am located in Canada but eventually I can encourage local residents who are originally from African countries to be aware of your projects. Thank you very much and have a nice day. Alexandar

The law society recognizes the need for improving the access to justice and promotes different programs who will help with this. This is very good beginning and many lawyers will support it.

Good morning, There are many opportunities for the foreign trained lawyers to help to the communities in Canada. We must be active, to network and to outreach. Many people want to help and we must find the right approach to them. I want to start a discussion about this particular topic because now the people here often can not afford even a basic legal advice. Have a great day. Alexandar

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step