Are you a paralegal or lawyer working on environmental justice in Africa’s mining sector? Submit your story by July 1st!

Submitted by Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA):

Production of a human interest case compendium on corporate accountability and environmental justice in Africa:

Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association (ZELA) Deadline: 1 July 2019

Are you a paralegal or lawyer working on environmental justice and corporate accountability in Africa’s mining sector? Do you or a member of your organization have a story that deserves profiling internationally on business and human rights in the mining sector? All you need is a smart phone for your work to be showcased at the Alternative Mining Indaba to be held in Cape Town next year February 2020. ZELA will support your participation at the Alternative Mining Indaba so that you get to share your story and meet other paralegals and lawyers working on similar issues.

To become an entrant, capture a short video on your phone showing how your work is advancing environmental justice in the mining sector. We know a lot of work is being done in Africa on resolving injustices and demanding corporate accountability in the extractives sector, often without recognition, and we hope to have these stories shared widely. Please submit a 500 worded summary of your case story together with your video to nyaradzo@zela.org and copy clarity@zela.org clearly marked the Case Compendium by the 1st of July, 2019.

The articles must be drawn in either of the following areas, Southern, East and West African Regions.

All shortlisted candidates will be notified on the 19th of July and these will be called upon to draft the full text.

@Nyaradzo

2 Likes

Very good, I have a case which is pending on the court of the land, I hope to share it once I manage to get an injunction/order that prevents further destruction of the environment. I will try to get time for this for the benefit of others as a lesson to learn.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step