Automatically tracking a topic upon reading

The forum automatically starts tracking a topic when I read it. I only want to track a topic if I respond to it, or change the status directly. I can’t figure out how to change this setting. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

You can change the automatic tracking of topics in your forum notifications preferences. By default it starts tracking topics for you after a few minutes of reading, but you can turn this off or increase the number of minutes. Tracking is fairly unobtrusive - it just assumes you’re interested in the topic and likely want to know when someone has replied because you read some of it already.

You can also change your notification level yourself for a topic, category or tag - just look for the button with a circle. :slight_smile: Select that and a menu opens up that explains the notification levels and lets you choose the one you want. On topics, it’s at the bottom - see this screenshot:

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step