Book review on migration and immigration detention related issues

Hi guys,

Please can anyone here recommend me a reviewer for a book that I wrote and titled: ‘The Pride of an African migrant’, due for publication in June 2020. Both publication’s date and title are subject to change.

‘The Pride of an African migrant’ is a memoir of my stay in the United Kingdom. I wrote the memoir in remembrance of Jimmy Mubenga, an Afrian asylum seekers who was tortured and killed in 2010 at Heathrow airport by British immigration officers for having resisted his deportation after spending years in prison-like detention centers.

The book also outlines barbaric acts of torture to which African asylum seekers are being subjected.

Please kindly see bellow, the book’s summary.

Thank you for your immediate attention and consideration.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards

MASSOCKI

BOOK SUMMARY

It is worth reemphasizing that in the UK, asylum seekers who voluntarily refuse to return to their countries, particularly Africans, are subjected to indescribable violations of human rights, torture, imprisonment, assassinations and forced deportations by British immigration officers regardless of the principle of non-refoulement contained in article 33 of the 1951 Refugee Convention whose the UK is signatory.

‘’No Contracting State shall expel or return (” refouler “) a refugee in any manner whatsoever to the frontiers of territories where his life or freedom would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political opinion’’.

For resisting his deportation in 2010, an African asylum seeker named Jimmy Mubenga was tortured and killed at Heathrow airport by British immigration officers. For having peacefully protested against the killing of Jimmy Mubenga, I was arrested and detained naked in a cold cell. After some time, even the place I was staying at was set on fire in order to kill me. Thus, this book is an appeal to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCHR) for them to properly look at these matters and to come up with appropriate measures. Although John J. Mearsheimer may have said that “The most powerful states in the system create and shape institutions so that they can maintain their share of world power, or even increase it.” The direct participation of United Nations’ Peacekeepers in the overthrow and assassination of Patrice Lumumba in 1961, until 2019, the only democratically elected leader of DR Congo, is just one example amongst many that prove the words of Mearsheimer to be true.

By outlining barbaric acts of torture to which African asylum seekers are being subjected in the UK, my aim is not to condemn the UK but to make them aware of the present situation for them to strive to attain what they claim to be their ideal, which is Human Rights, a harmonious state of coexistence. Also, outlining these barbaric acts of torture is a call upon organizations such as the UNHCR and the UNHCHR to let them know that, their assessment on which countries are fair to their inhabitants is not always accurate and to remind them that, their job is to defend the rights of refugees and not to be secret agencies of the United States of America.

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step