Burial practices in Daudi Karanja indigenous land in Mairi protected area in Kenya

(Micah Kamau) #1

Burial practices in Daudi Karanja indigenous land in Mairi protected area in Kenya. I Micah Kamau Ng’ang’a has previously reported this behavior of burying dead bodies removed from government hospitals, mission hospital and county government hospitals which have the practices of burying or disposing dead bodies in Daudi Karanja indigenous land the practices goes on. Recent example was a child who died at Githumu A.I.C Mission Hospital Mortuary. I now ask your organization to order these institutions to stop these practices and adopt disposal of dead bodies to officially declare and registered as burial public cemetery, your cooperation in demanding compensation for degrading Daudi Karanja indigenous land in Mairi Village Kigumo Sub-county. I have noted that the county council of Murang’a sells burial places to individuals without issuing official receipts with the knowledge of local chiefs Charles Marite Muhoi and sub-chiefs Mwangi Kariuki because they share the proceeds from the sale. The society of Kangari knows that the official cemetery was built a school by the Roman Catholic Church Kangari Town.

Copy to:

1. ps@health.go.ke
  2. bishop@aickenya.com
  3. governormurangacounty@kenya.go.ke

Promoting rights of marginalized people in Maniema, Democratic Republic of the Congo
(Grace Nayiga) #2

There are serious violations in this case. i see also that whoever has turned this into an unofficial burial ground has no respect for the dead. a case on public interest litigation could be filed that side in your courts. coz surely the dead whether identified or not much be respected.

(Vincent Otieno) #3

Kindly petition the county government of that area.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step