Call for Applications: 2018 Landesa Center for Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program

Received via email:

Call for Applications: 2018 Landesa Center for Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program

The Landesa Center for Women’s Land Rights is pleased to announce that applications are now being accepted for our Women’s Land Rights Visiting Professionals Program.

The program goals are to 1) Enhance effectiveness and expertise of mid-career practitioners from Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa to advance women’s land rights and 2) Strengthen the network of women’s land rights professionals, regionally and globally by fostering comparative expertise and cross-cultural links and collaborations.

The program commences with a five-week learning session at Landesa’s global office in Seattle, Washington, USA. This year’s program will invite applicants from China, India, Liberia, Myanmar, and Tanzania, and they will join us from April 1 through May 5, 2018.

We invite you to consider this opportunity and would be very grateful if you could also help us by reaching out to qualified candidates, organizations, and/or networks and forward this information to them.

Applications are accepted until end of day Sunday, August 20th, 2017.

For more information on the program and application instructions, please visit the Visiting Professionals Program page of Landesa’s website.

If you have any questions, please contact vpp@landesa.org.

Thank you in advance of your support of this program!

4 Likes

I am a female lawyer by profession practising in District Dera Ismail Khan KPK Pakistan Here we have thousands of cases on women’s Land Rights because we have a male dominating society and women are almost illiterate. I am interested in this program and I hope this will be more beneficial for and for my community as well. Thanks

3 Likes

Hi Sania! Thanks for the comment and welcome to the network!

It looks like this particular opportunity does not extend to Pakistan this time around, unfortunately, but you can get in touch with Landesa to encourage them to include Pakistan in the future. In the meantime, keep an eye out for more opportunities here and you can let fellow members know about you and your work through your participation in discussions here on the forum. The #land and #gender categories are great places for you to hang out. :slight_smile:

cc: @alisonreeves @Beth_Roberts @KarinaKloos @csibabrata @timhanstad @Mauto2016

Hello! Can you send me the link.

Thanks Tobias for your reply.

1 Like

Hi @paulmabu! Here’s the link:

I updated the OP (original post) above to include it as well - good catch!

1 Like

thanks!Tobias

1 Like

Only aforesaid 5 countries are specified for joining five-week learning session at Landesa’s office or rest of other countries would also be allowed to put up applications to be considered for being a part of it?