Call to end injustices and human rights abuse in Nigeria

I am currently reading the Book: “Nigeria’s Decades of Blood” by Jan H. Boer. An anatomy of the Christian & Muslim Relations. A flash into the history of crises in Nigeria; the killings, the maiming, the arson and the results: pain, human rights violations, poverty, under-development, injustices, and the dismissal of peace and happiness.

It is disheartening and we must mobilize people for more peace march in Jos Nigeria… the aforementioned inhuman acts must stop! “WE JOS, WE NEED PEACE!”

You have to be serious about whatever you say. Make sure you keep your promises and fulfill your obligations. Dr Amedu.

3 Likes

Its Sad Dr Amedu.Social.What is happening in Nigeria,Kenya,Burundi and Libya is chilling.Like Nigeria Kenya is also drumming CEDE.Cession could be a solution to impunity,killings,maiming and bad governance.

2 Likes

Absolutely very sad Maria. In Nigeria for instance, the highest number of civilian deaths and injuries occur from the use of small arms and home-made explosive weapons either during a politically motivated violence or an ethnoreligious crises etc. And it is often sad that even with the huge presence of security forces, the use of small arms and explosive weapons to injure and even kill civilians in populated areas in Nigerian communities remain uncontrolable in recent times. More disturbing is the fact that according to Human Rights Watch Nigeria report of 2003, the security forces in the course of performing their duty of restoring law and order at times use excessive force during violent conflicts, and as a result, a lot of casualties of armed injuries are recorded in what is often termed as extra-judicial killings, police and army brutalities etc.

Dr Amedu Monday Amedu President, YELI International No 22B, Inside Jenvak, Tudun Wada Park Jos Plateau Nigeria Phones: 08098147740, 07036198592 and 08037451705 Website: www.yeliprojects.org Email: writeyeli@gmail.com

You have to be serious about whatever you say. Make sure you keep your promises and fulfill your obligations. Dr Amedu.

1 Like

@AmeduMondayAmedu How Will Africa walk out of this mess. Could we create a stronger union Africa Dream.Members Only.With a great Strong Constitution to monitor and guide Africa leadership. The AU is toothless Thanks

1 Like

Jos, the once peaceful haven of our dear nation has had it’s sacrosanct quality stripped off her through meaningless bloodshed. I with all due respect, believe in the solution of a problem than stressing the exploits of the damage. We as social patrons should think like entrepreneurs if not better. Since persons at the helm of affairs lack ingenuity in solving this problems, we the protagonists of social justice should design an action plan template of the solution and mobilize all and sundry to join in and persuade the authorities for its adoption. I think through this way we will do more instead of trying to buy into the morality of the perpetrators of this vices. I hope I made sense. Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes Maria, we can build up a strong alliance to challenge sources that have failed to play major role in ensuring that the basic human rights of the weak in the society, especially Africa is protected.

Brother Etuk, I agree with you Sir. We can include entrepreneurial skills development programs as an aspect of the strong Union that Maria is proposing. That way, youth potential can be redirected into positive ventures, especially those youth who are often used as thugs to perpetrate violence…

2 Likes

@AmeduMondayAmedu Yes…never give up.Walk after walk if possible daily with prayers and fasting.We in the Coast region of Kenya are almost succeeding.Our youths were the most violent terror gang .The percentage is decreasing though some 14years and below are rising with shocking day light attacks.Peace walk ,Youth boot camps.,Forums will keep them of crimes.

1 Like

Thank you Maria. Everything you said sounded of a truth. What we are in this attached picture is also a product of prayer and fasting. We need hard work after all… Nigeria is becoming a nice country in the world with the level of corruption declining and youth violent conflict coming under control through constant awareness and orientations. Cheers!

2 Likes