Can we talk about SDG 17 here?

Recognizing the role private companies play in our development and communities, they are strong partners to Not for Profit organizations all over the world.

But how are we leveraging with for profit organisations for social good? I mean in the face where there’s increasing shrinking in aid and grant to Not for Profit Organisations in developing and underdeveloped countries?

I am seeing virgin and untapped opportunities for partnership with companies to push forward what we all do. They are not enemies but friends and partners. We must learn to leverage on them as alternatives source of funding and support locally even as we think globally.

I believe that was what in the mind of UN when they included the goal 17. But it is left for us turn it into practical realities for sucess. Or what do you think?

3 Likes

I agree - if we can find the right kind of partners there is definitely opportunity to increase resources and ideas coming in to extend justice to more people. You might be interested in reading this recent policy brief “Access to Justice Is Good For Business” developed by the NLADA. The focus is on the US but the lessons are definitely applicable to other contexts. There are others who are starting to look at a more defined role for the private sector and I think those discussions will ramp up over the next year. Will share information as I hear about it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step