Change of hats for Tobias Eigen 🤠

Today is my last day as a Namatian. I am starting a new job on Monday at Civilized Discourse Construction Kit (CDCK), the company that makes the Discourse open source software we use here to host community discussions. I love and appreciate you all, and am deeply grateful for the very valuable and important legal empowerment work you do, which I know too many of you are doing under difficult and dangerous circumstances. It’s been a pleasure and a privilege to be your community manager for the last five years, and to work shoulder to shoulder with such devoted and hard working team members to bring together this community for shared learning, collaboration and mutual support. I know you will continue to do great things as the legal empowerment movement grows. :seedling: :sunflower: :sparkles:

Luckily, I still get to be a part of it! CDCK encourages their people to be involved in communities powered by their software, so I will be able to continue on here as moderator and help out with some technical aspects of maintaining this platform. You may not be seeing my name quite so often in your inbox, but I am still here and will be an active and opinionated member. I would be happy to hear from you any time - just drop me a message here to ask questions about Discourse, make a feature suggestion, or just to say hello!

There are too many wonderful memories to share them all here. There is one that seems fitting given my move from Namati to CDCK. On the discourse developers forum, back in 2016, I shared the photo below from Tanzania. I was so inspired and energized on that trip, having visited a number of paralegal programs together with exchange participants coming from all over the world.

Photo: @michaelotto ©2016

17 Likes

I am excited to congratulate @tobiaseigen on his next adventure, and am so grateful that he will still be a part of our community. Thank you so much for all that you have done - building up our discussion forum from scratch, cultivating our online community from its earliest days, introducing us to the power and promise of open source software, and teaching us new skills as we went along. I will remember our journey together fondly, and look forward to continued collaboration as we build an ever stronger movement for legal empowerment together!

4 Likes

Sad to see you go @tobiaseigen, but happy for your (very fitting) next adventure!

3 Likes

No photo credit above? I wonder who took that beautiful photo… :sunny:

Thank you for everything you helped to build, your time and dedication, and the many memories we have had over the last 5+ years, my friend. I very much look forward to keeping in touch, personally and professionally, and will see you here on the forum all the same! :rocket:

And here are two photos I dug up from Tanzania too:

3 Likes

Wow those are amazing photos! Thanks for sharing. Will have to dig in my archives now… so many great experiences. I am grateful for the opportunity.

What are you talking about? :wink: look :arrow_up:

1 Like

Ohhh! Whenever I am at a loss somewhere in this Discourse, I use to ask @tobiaseigen I really appreciate your hardwork brother thank you always. The good thing you are still around even though not everytime.

If I post a bundle of pictures where you only appear on one spot, because I don’t have your single picture, It won’t be good I feel😃.

Thank You

2 Likes

Congratulations on your new job! Real success only comes to those who are ready to accept it.

The journey of thousands of kilometers begins with just one step. This is only the first step of your next success. Keep working hard as usual. Always cheer up!

2 Likes

Tobias miss you technical support and wish you happy work in your new place.Thank you

2 Likes

The legal empowerment movement will continue to grow. Thanks to the seeds that you helped plant and passionately nurtured, @tobiaseigen! All the best!

3 Likes

Wishing you well in your new assignment.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, and all the best for the next chapter!

2 Likes

You will be missed for sure. Wishing you success in your new job :+1: :star:

Glad to know that you will continue to be part of Team Namati for technical support. The platform is so used to listening and follow Tobias only :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words! I really appreciate it. Especially in this moment it feels good to me to still very much be a fully fledged member of this community even while starting a new role.

And I’m not kidding - do feel free to get in touch anytime with technical questions or feedback relating to this forum software - there are many improvements that were made based on feedback from this community! Also happy to chat about IT strategy or anything else.

@AhmedMohamed would love to see any photos from our exchange that you haven’t shared already! That would be really fun. :seedling:

4 Likes

I found this captivating :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Good luck on your new adventure @tobiaseigen!

3 Likes

I am a new member who just recently and I have been motivated by what this team have been doing. I believe my contribution shall be helpful wherever necessary.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! The Legal empowerment community we have created here together is inspiring and I look forward to continuing to be a part of it, albeit in my new role.

And thanks @namati_network team for the lovely gifts. I will enjoy drinking lots of coffee with this great :rocket: mug and look forward to pruning this hydrangea plant every year and thinking of you all, now that I have planted it in the ground. I will let you know if it comes anything close to Namati colors.

Mug: @michaelotto © 2020

7 Likes

Enjoy your coffee and your garden!

2 Likes

Nice coffee mug! :rocket: :smile:

1 Like

What… you want artistic credit for that, too? Ok, ok. See edit above. :arrow_up:

kidding aside - I love my :rocket: mug!

1 Like