Collaboration between the Judiciary and Community Institutions for Access to Justice

Continental Conference on Collaboration between the Judiciary and Community Institutions for Access to Justice is currently happening in Kigali-Rwanda. The aims of the conference is to influence attitudes and behaviors across the entire value-chain of justice delivery from the community to the highest courts of the land inorder to forster greater synergy, mutual support and collaboration. Please feel free to comment on the topic focusing on existing practices and policies

3 Likes

Thank you, @christinakamili for highlighting this! I have been following along on Twitter today (using #Access2Justice) and have been impressed by some of the rich discussions and ideas that are coming through. I liked so many tweets my fingers got tired :smiley: It is also great to see such clear support for community paralegals from a number of countries.

For those not on Twitter, here are some screenshots of Tweets.

cc: @tobiaseigen @michaelotto

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing, @christinakamili, and loving the tweets, @mckinleycharles!

This event is very exciting for us to hear more about - looking forward to hearing news from other members of our network who are there too! @cliffmsiska @AngoteGertrude @smkoroma @mustafa_mahmoud @KhanyisileNtsenge @peterchapman

2 Likes

i think this is one of the interesting collaboration that will make the judiciary understand communities much more than they meet in the courts.to me, this will gradually influence amendments of some legislation perhaps the judiciary has been using without understanding circumstances the communities are undergoing.we can learn a lot from the outcome of the conference.