[Community call] Feedback on our community discussion forum (19 March 1300 GMT)

We are hosting a community call on Thursday, March 19th at 13:00 GMT. All members are welcome to join. The focus of this call is to collect feedback and suggestions about our online community discussion forum. There are some exciting suggested changes on the horizon and we would like to collect member feedback before we make any changes. We will also open up space at the end for members to suggest topics for future community calls.

If you want to come, RSVP by selecting the Going button at the top of this topic. Reply to introduce yourself and your work, and to share any topics you propose we discuss or initial thoughts on the community discussion forum itself. We’ll send reminders, but suggest you add the event to your calendar. A recording of the call and summary notes will be shared here afterwards. Forum @moderators are strongly encouraged to join. :slight_smile:

When: Thursday, March 19, 2020 1:00 PM (13:00 GMT)

:clock1: Recommended: arrive 5-10 minutes early to get settled in

Where: GoToMeet.Me :arrow_left: click this link to join. You will be provided audio options (phone or computer) and then brought in as soon as an organizer starts the call (usually 15 mins before start time). Please mute yourself when not speaking.

Draft Agenda:

1. Welcome and introductions (10 minutes)
  2. Review agenda, link to shared notes, housekeeping notes (5 minutes)
  3. Discussion of our online community forum - gathering general feedback and review of suggested changes (30-40 minutes)
  4. Suggestions of topics for future community calls (5 minutes)
  5. Wrap up, note action items to report back to the community (5 minutes)
7 Likes

Thanks, Michael! I am looking forward to this meeting with members and moderators - everyone, please do RSVP to let us know you are coming and add it to your calendar! Whether you can make it or not, feel free to add a reply here with your ideas for improving this forum.

One suggestion is to change the forum structure. We can have fewer categories, make some of them members-only, and provide a category for “just for fun” sharing of off topic favorite movies, books, etc that can also go a long way to bringing us together as a community. I am curious to hear from others, but I think these changes will make it easier for everyone to know where to post and to enjoy spending time here!

We also are able to customize the design and layout of the forum. We can quite easily change the home page, for example, so it is not just a list of topics but provides an overview of categories available (see example: categories page) below a dismissible/closable banner of curated calls to action that both new and veteran network members might like to take (see sample below, on desktop and mobile).

Desktop

Mobile

2 Likes

@nikhilas @APAVLOV @Caryn @DennisEkwere @Richard the community call you RSVP’d to has started and we’d love to have you join us! Here’s the link - you can bookmark it for future reference as well - we use it for all community calls:

https://www.gotomeet.me/legalempowerment/communitycall

1 Like

Thank you very much. It was nice to participate in this chat.

Have a nice day.

Alex

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step