Community caravan to create awareness on land rights for women and youth | Event partnership invitation

Good Afternoon!

Participatory Ecological Land Use Management (PELUM) Kenya is a national network which currently comprises of 57 Member Organizations (MOs). PELUM Kenya works with its Member Organizations to promote ecological land use principles and management (elum) practices for improved livelihoods among small scale farmers and pastoralists in Kenya. Examples of elum practices include: organic agriculture, bio intensive agriculture, biodynamic agriculture, agroforestry, conservation agriculture, sustainable agriculture, permaculture, regenerative agriculture among others.

PELUM Kenya is planning to hold community caravans for Central Rift sub-Zone on 25th October 2022 in Nakuru County. Women and youth farmers will convene, where presentations will be made on their existing land rights and how to advocate for them. After that, the community members will do a local campaign and march to demand recognition of their land rights. Media engagement will help amplify their voices across all levels, including giving PELUM Kenya to deliver/ give to the Kenya delegates participating in COP 27 in Egypt.

The media will interview some women and youth farmers to share the land inequalities experienced at the local level. The communities will then issue a communique with critical messages to be shared at the local, national, and COP 27 in Egypt. IEC materials will be distributed to the community members to increase publicity of the community caravan materials, displaying key messages regarding women and youth land rights.

In this note I wish to invite organisation in partnering with us in this event. for any inquiries I am reachable through my cell 0725838445.

Regards, Beth

1 Like

Beth, although late I can send a social media message. How can non citizens of Kenya maybe attend the awreness caravan? Madison