I came across this app and had to share it. It is a fantastic example of how tech and innovation can help us all participate in shaping the law at the federal level as well as in San Fransisco and NYC.
The app is called “Countable” and works on Android and iOS (i.e. Apple) products. It is free to download from any major app store. You can also check out bills, issues, and discussions on their website and sign up for their newsletter. Below is the description from their iTunes page.
(Note: apparently its popularity has surged in recent days so it is currently running slower than usual. Their tech team is working on it)
Countable makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun. Learn about issues you care about, influence Congress with one tap voting, and rally your friends around specific legislation.
MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND
- Daily notifications about upcoming votes
- Short non-partisan summaries of news and legislation
- Unbiased arguments for and against
HOLD YOUR REPS ACCOUNTABLE
- See how your votes align with your lawmakers
- Post an opinion or vote and we’ll inform your lawmakers
- Don’t be surprised if you receive a message back
SEND VIDEO MESSAGES TO YOUR REPS
- Use the camera on your iPhone/iPad to record video messages
- Send them to your elected reps and break through the noise
- Tell your story in your own voice and be heard!
- See what other people are saying about the issues you care about
- Upvote their opinions and show your support
@michaelotto @tobiaseigen @ashleyvanwaes @lucianabercovich @caitlinsislin @jaronvogelsang @rachaelknight @staceycram @vivekmaru @indirasarma @abigailmoy @leeboyce @deylacurtis @marthahague @dagemlegesse @miaschmid @terralawsonremer @caseywalker