CSW 2020: Africa, will we be there?

Hi there!

Happy New Year !

I am conducting a quick survey among our African members regarding participation in the CSW 2020. Will any of us be attending this conference? Do you you know of any African network member that will be attending this conference ? Please let me know in the comment section below or you could also send me a direct message.

I look forward to hearing from you :smiley:

6 Likes

Good morning, I wish I could attend this event but I am located in Canada. Is there a legal element in the framework of the event? Thanks, Alexandar

1 Like

Hallo. I wish I could attend. I am not aligned to any organization with a consultative status. How I wish I could attend

1 Like

Hi Alexandar , you can find out more about the CSW here .

The main focus of the session will be on the review and appraisal of the implementation of the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action and the outcomes of the 23rd special session of the General Assembly. The review will include an assessment of current challenges that affect the implementation of the Platform for Action and the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and its contribution towards the full realization of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.

4 Likes

Aimee gd day,

can u tell me more abt csw…i live in nigeria presently

thanks

precious

2 Likes

Hi Precious,

The Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) is the global intergovernmental body exclusively dedicated to the promotion of gender equality and the empowerment of women.

The CSW is instrumental in promoting women’s rights, documenting the reality of women’s lives throughout the world, and shaping global standards on gender equality and the empowerment of women.

For more information please click here.

This year the CSW will take place at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 9 to 20 March 2020. Representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) from all regions of the world are invited to attend the session.

The session will look at the achievement of gender equality and the empowerment of women and its contribution towards the full realization of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.

For more information on this year’s CSW please click here

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step