Duni Jeidoh in trouble

Hello All. I have some sad news to share. I hope you remember Mr Jeidoh Duni, He was kidnapped at gun point by some un-identify arm men (believe to be member of the separatist group) on Saturday night about 730pm. in Ndop a locality in the North West region of Cameroon. Jeidoh is human rightsdefender and also serves as volunteer staff for WFP as assisting to distribute foods assistant to victim of the ongoing crisis in the north west.

1 Like

Hi @ndambamusa - I moved your comment with @oseniyusuf and @johnmasuwa here to a new post.

I am really very sorry to hear this and it is deeply troubling. Duni is such a wise and humble man, and a dedicated grassroots justice defender. We can consult with others who work in issues of protection and I will share any advice that results. Please keep us updated on his safety and whereabouts, and send my best to his family.

@exchange_2016tanzania

1 Like

Thanks Michael, The good news we just got is that he was able to speak to his family members. This atleast indicate that he is safe. We shall let you knw in case of anyfurther the development. For now continue to pray for his eventaul freedom from the hands of the kidnappers.

2 Likes

May the “GOOD LORD” have mercy on an innocent life"

2 Likes

Defenders Protection EU is an Organization that protects Activists who are under attack. You can reach out to them through this email: so@protectdefenders.eu

2 Likes

This is horrific news, @ndambamusa. We hope for Duni’s safe return. As @olujerezion recommended, perhaps you or Duni’s family could reach out to Front Line Defenders and ProtectDefenders.eu …You can find details for an emergency 24/7 helpline here.

2 Likes

Thanks for the concern. I was out of captivity and lost my Father. I lost my phone and contact. As African tradition the family had to mourn for one week. Later we had the lock down for two weeks now am a bit organise but we can share the big experience with the family later. Thanks for the concern of the family

3 Likes

Thanks @dunijeidoh - I’m so glad you are safe and well, and sorry for your loss. Musa has been keeping me updated via what’s app, but I would like to connect with you at some point when the dust settles, but enjoy spending time with your family.

1 Like

Thanks for the update

2 Likes