[Featured Resource] Access to Justice and Legal Empowerment of Victims of Domestic Violence through Legal Organizations in the City of Buenos Aires A Qualitative Empirical Legal Study

This week’s profiled resource is a compelling and in-depth (and lengthy!) doctoral thesis that was submitted by @julietamarotta to the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands. The study, Access to Justice and Legal Empowerment of Victims of Domestic Violence through Legal Organizations in the City of Buenos Aires A Qualitative Empirical Legal Study, focuses on understanding how access to justice legally empowers women victims of domestic violence in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The thesis presents an interesting analytical framework and adds to the growing research and evidence on the impact of legal empowerment work.

The Featured Resource is a short profile of a key resource found in the resource library of the Global Legal Empowerment Network. These resources can be older or brand new, but they all touch on important themes within legal empowerment. If you have a resource you would like to profile with the network, upload it directly at this link or email it to community@namati.org.

5 Likes

My congratulations Julieta Marotta, this is the first time i see a doctorate on legal empowerment and we need this kind of work. I’m going soon to end my doctorate too.

2 Likes

Thanks! I look forward to reading your work.

3 Likes

This is really interesting in St. Lucia we have done a lot of work to strengthen the capacity of social services employees and we are still having a few issues and just submitted a grant application for funding to provide legal literacy to inner city and rural women on specific topics such as family, adoption, relationships, inheritance, etc.

2 Likes