Diverse City Fund https://www.diversecityfund.org/grants/apply/
From their website:
Our Spring 2020 grant round is now open! This round we are giving away $150,000 to DC-based social justice projects and organizations. Apply today!
There are two ways to apply:
- Apply as an individual organization or project (for grants of up to $5,000). Online Application | PDF Preview
- Apply as a coalition or alliance of organizations (for grants of up to $15,000) Online Application | PDF Preview
Applications are due on Friday, April 10 at 11:59 PM .
To be eligible for a grant from the Diverse City Fund, an organization or project must:
- Be an organized group of people or a coalition/alliance of groups (we do not fund individuals).
- If your organization is a nonprofit with 501©3 status as determined by the IRS, or is fiscally sponsored by a 501©3 organization, you can apply.
- If you do not currently have a fiscal sponsors and are selected for a grant award, you will need to obtain one before funds can be distributed. We cannot serve as your fiscal sponsor, but can provide more information if you are selected for a grant.
- Be located in and carry out work in the District of Columbia.
- Consist of residents of color as the primary participants and leadership.*
- Demonstrate little access to traditional funding sources.
- Priority is given to groups that might not get funded or noticed by traditional funders, e.g. small groups, groups that are new and getting off the ground, groups that are volunteer-led, politically radical or activist initiatives, etc.
- Not have received a grant from the Diverse City Fund in the same year.
- An individual grantee must wait one round before reapplying. Those groups that received funding in spring 2019, will not be eligible until spring 2020.
- Submit a complete application.
*Coalition/alliance proposals will not be disqualified if some (but not most) of the partner organizations are not led by people of color. However, the people leading the work of the coalition/alliance must be people of color.
The Diverse City Fund awards grants to groups that seek to transform DC into a more just, vibrant place to live. Grant requests should:
- Be in the amount of $5,000 or less, or no more than $15,000 for an eligible coalition/alliance.
- Have a vision for creating social justice and structural change to dismantle oppressive systems.
- Have a focus on community building, community organizing, or other community work to engage others in transformation.