Guidance on remote teams & organizing with "social distance"

Here I share this interesting resource for the times to come.

@martaalmela @miaschmid

In the wake of the COVID-19 global health crisis, many organizing groups and activists need to transition to remote work. Many are also looking for ideas for organizing in a time of required “social distancing.”

We’re offering free sessions on how to navigate these challenges. Join us on 03/31 and 04/02.

We’re also inviting non-profit organizing groups, unions, NGOs and activists to join a Slack channel for ongoing community problem-solving, ideas and support.

Register here.

Whether you’re looking for guidance or have experience to share, please join us!

Hannah Social Movement Technologies 1.860.306.7447

PS. Can you support organizing by spreading the word?

7 Likes

This is wonderful, thanks for sharing @lucianabercovich! I’m planning to attend next week’s sessions.

FYI @indirasarma

2 Likes

@lucianabercovich - thanks for sharing this. On the topic of social movements, I really liked this article, “Coronavirus is a historic trigger event — and it needs a movement to respond: Even in times of social distancing, building a collective, social response to the pandemic is our only salvation.

Also, on the same Waging Nonviolence website is a list of 7 items for activism during a pandemic that, while US-centric, is quite insightful: HOLY SH*T! 7 things to do instead of hoarding toilet paper: Beautiful Trouble’s irreverent guide to activism in the time of pandemic. I love Beautiful Trouble’s training activities, so it was good to see their take on this.

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step