Habitat III Conference in Quito 17-20 October

Several participants of the network work on housing, land, urban issues and habitat. This month will take place a historic momentum for those themes: The United Nations Conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development in Quito, Ecuador, on 17-20 October 2016.

The conference happened every 20 years (1976, 1996 and 2016), and in it, States reinvigorate the global commitment to the Habitat Agenda. Here you can find “The Agreed Draft of the New Urban Agenda Habitat III Conference”.

There will be hundreds of activities and discussions around the conference, and there are more than 36.000 people registered! Namati, along with ACIJ and other organizations will participate in a Side event about “Access to Justice and Legal Empowerment: The use of Law to Encourage an Effective Access to Habitat”. Here more information about side events.

Please, if you or something of your organization is going to Quito, let me know!

3 Likes

I am willing to come please…what can I do

Thank you for the post. I can not come to Quito. It is toooo far away. Thanks The barefoot lawyer is my friend and companion. I am working on it and achieving success. I have a long way to go. Kindest regards Khatib Ahmed Karachi. Pakistan

1 Like

Hi everyone, I want to go in Quito but how can I get there?

Hi Toindepi, We are going invited to participate in a side event. unfortunately, the registration time is over. I can share with you some information about the conference if you are interested in something in particular! All the best

Hi Khatib, yes. Quito is too far from Pakistan, hope to see you in another moment!, best regards

Hi Kou, as I´ve told to @toindepimahaso, the registration is finished, but let me know if you are interested in some aspect of the event and I can share with you information. best!