Hardly Anyone Can Name These 9 Countries. Can you?

The title is clickbait, I know. Consider it a sanity check for how well you know African geography. It’s also a advocacy campaign in disguise.

In addition, the Global Legal Empowerment Network is under-represented in quite a few of these nine countries - do you know access to justice organizations there that you can invite?

@namati_staff

3 Likes

Wow that’s a very nice strategy for advocacy. I also fell for it.

4 Likes

how many countries did you get right? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I got 9 out of 9, but then @MayaReddy @ashleyvanwaes and I have been working hard the last few weeks verifying the cities and countries of every single organization in the network member directory.

Those 9 countries are also part of the Famine Early Warning System project, where I had my first “real” job as a young student. Interesting to see that the FEWS project is still very much alive and kicking: http://www.fews.net/

2 Likes

I love this! I saw it going around Facebook, but didn’t know it was an advocacy campaign tactic. Thank you for sharing.

I particularly like their language, albeit manipulative language, at the end: "Will you sign? –“Of course, I’ll sign” – “No, sorry”

Also, the ask comes before the results. Very smart. It is also smart in that it the quiz targets globally minded people who are often likely to care about the education of girls worldwide.

4 Likes

I only got 5 coz I am very poor in Geography

2 Likes

I actually got all the countries!!!

3 Likes

You are a Geography Guru

2 Likes

I was 8 for 9, but I’m not telling which one! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scored 8… missed South Sudan

1 Like

If you live in Nigeria it’d be easy

Amazing - AVAAZ have done a “metoo” African geography quiz in support of elephant protection. :elephant: This time I got only 4 out of 5 right. Grr! :lion:

How many can you get right?

1 Like

Kenya,Tanzania,Malawi,Zimbambwe,South AfricaZambia

1 Like