Health Accountability: Using Legal Empowerment strategies to improve access to health rights

Dear Colleagues,

Evidence shows that legal empowerment plays a vital role in advancing the right to health.

Programs that improve communities’ access to justice are critical in deterring abuses linked to accessing health services.

Join us as we discuss key lessons and challenges faced by legal empowerment organisations in Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Mozambique as they work with and support communities to realise their right to health.

Particular attention will be devoted to efforts that are deeply participatory, community-based, community-led, and empower grassroots actors first and foremost.

Organisations that will lead this discussion are :

1. Justice and Empowerment Initiatives - Nigeria
  2. Network Movement for Democracy and Human Rights- Sierra Leone
  3. Namati- Mozambique
  4. Methodist Church- Sierra Leone

We would love for you to join this conversation:

When : 1st September, 2021

Time : 2 pm WAT, 3 pm CAT, 4 pm EAT

Register here: Meeting Registration - Zoom

Please share this invitation with others interested in advancing health rights through legal empowerment strategies.

@andrewmaki @jabobs @aminahanga @zeenat @francismusa @mutanukyanya @elliefeinglass @nadjagomes @eduardomalo @Habib @JohnLahai

3 Likes

Dear @AimeeOngeso Thank you so much for sharing this information with us! I have already registered and looking forward to a great conversation.

I’m also looking forward to making a comparative analysis between the health rights movement in those countries and in Tanzania - which is where I’m from! Once again, thank you!

1 Like

Thank you !

We look forward to your participation