Justice is lacking in Africa

(NABE Kanfiegue) #1

Why most of human rights defenders, grassroots organizations, NGOs, associations and other organisations in Africa as Togo. are operating in an extremely challenging environments and their ability to carry out their work has been progressively weakened over years. They are facing intimidation and reprisals due to their work and have been imprisoned or forced into exile?

(Abdulrasaq Kareem) #2

This often due to lack of openness of most African governments

(Coco Lammers) #3

Thank you @Nkanfiegue and @kareem for chiming in on this important issue of protection, one of the key themes of the #justiceforall campaign. In Togo, Nigeria, and beyond, what do you think are some of the solutions to this worrying trend?

(Adeline M Potter) #4

i think the Government need to empower more women in governments offices and private sector and let us stand for our right. my Liberia is also facing the same thing

(William Achol) #5

In my part of Uganda we are trying to wake up to our constitutional duties by collectively demanding government action against impunity, exclusion and protection of abusers. But the take off is not easy.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step