Kenyan authorities dump 400 tonnes of contraband sugar in Indian

(Kevin Nam) #1

Kenya is experiencing a lot of drought and food related problems and it is quite unfortunate that the ministries involved could do away with sugar that could help a lot of relief aids as well as avoid negative environmental effects that the marine life could suffer. What is your take in such actions?

A good example as to the economic impact that such a move may be ill placed:

(Tobias Eigen) #4

Thanks @nashmeister for the post. It’s disappointing to hear that Kenya would choose to dump illegal sugar in the ocean - what a tremendous waste. I recall when I was a child growing up in Kenya, they burned a massive stockpile of ivory to make a point. The event made a huge impression on me which is clearly what they intended. Maybe they are trying to do the same here?

FYI - I merged your three posts into one. I hope you don’t mind. It’s usually a good idea to put as many of your ideas in one post as possible, because it’s easier for others to follow along. Do note that for a little while after posting, you can edit your post to add more ideas or to make corrections.

(Kevin Nam) #5

@tobiaseigen it is cool… although the impression they are trying to make is to deter other potential illegal businesses from smuggling, the advantages of not doing so outweighs the actions taken

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step