Legal aid in Tanzania

tanzania

(Rachel Magege) #1

@vicent hello! How are you today? I’d like to introduce myself. I am Rachel Magege from Tanzania also. I was drawn to your profile because I see that you work in legal aid. May you please tell me more about it and if you have any advice for me as an upcoming lawyer, I’ll truly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time, Rachel Magege

New member introductions (11 October to 24 October, 2018)
(Bernard Otieno) #4

Hi Rachel we are currently implementing a project on Improved District Paralegal Capacity in Geita region in collaboration with New Light Children Center Organization as a lead organization of this project funded by Legal Service Facility (LSF). Our main activities are provide legal aid to the needy and empower paralegals and paralegal units to provide quality and effective legal aid to the community.

(Rachel Magege) #5

Hello @Otieno. Congratulations with this project. I think it is a highly needed project for the communities in Geita, and other areas that face similar legal shortcomings. What have you been able to accomplish so far? And I plan to return to Tanzania in December, may I kindly stop by your offices to say hello and get a sense of what you are all doing?

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step