Do any network members have any connections with land or legal aid organizations in Tanzania? I am working with a small pastoralist organization in Kiteto District that applied for support through Lawyers for Resource Justice, but it would be more appropriate for a national organization or lawyer to advise them. Any suggestions of organizations or advocates to reach out to would be most helpful.
Shout-out time! Thank you to our wonderful network members and other allies for responding to this call for advice and support for the SWEAT Development Programme in Tanzania and @gabrielmariteoletuke:
- @josemambea Joseph Mambea, Human Rights lawyer and activist
- @samsonmmari Samson Mmari, Forum for Legal Assistance Tanzania (FOLEA)
- Onesmo Kivuyo, Association for Law and Advocacy for Pastoralists (ALAPA)
- Blastus Kahemela, lawyer with the Tanzania Assistance for Laws Awareness and Development Organisation (TALADO)
- Edward Loure and colleagues at the Ujamaa Community Resource Team
Bravo Global Legal Empowerment Network!
Forum for Legal Assistance is willing to provide legal advice to SWEAT Development Program and To develop approaches which will ensure legal assistance/empowerment to the members of Emborley Murtangos Community Reserve and To initiate dialogue between members of Emborley Murtangos Community Reserve and responsible Government officers in Kiteto District.