Legal empowerment as action research

Dear all

Hope this message finds you all in good health and in good spirits!

I wanted to share with you, in case it might be of interest, a new blog reflecting on legal empowerment as a form of action research: Legal empowerment as action research | International Institute for Environment and Development

The blog explores questions of method in centring those whose rights are at stake and linking learning and action.

These are themes we continue to explore – so if you have any comments, or if the approach resonates, I would love to hear from you!

Many thanks, and take care

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Cotula

Principal researcher – law and sustainable development

International Institute for Environment and Development (IIED)

@learningagendacohort @erinkitchell

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this @lorenzocotula. Really interesting and completely resonates given the work that all members of this cohort are doing-- linking learning and action, centering the experience of those most affected, and producing evidence to drive change.

For me, your reflections on research design were particularly interesting. (1) How researchers are embedded in social relations they are investigating and how the research process itself is a marker of rigour (2) how even in very different contexts, we can draw lessons across action research processes; and (3) the importance of iterative cycles and flexibility in research design as we learn-by-doing.

Curious to hear from others in this group. @learningagendacohort, do chime in with your thoughts, reflections and questions!

Best,

@poorvichitalkar

2 Likes

This is such a great and insightful article Lorenzo ! Thank you

2 Likes