Legal Empowerment in the Pacific - case studies for PhD?

I am an Australian researcher starting a PhD about legal empowerment and development. The focus of my research will be on the Pacific region, and I am looking to identify as many projects as I can that might be relevant.

I am interested in stand-alone legal empowerment projects, as well as any broader, multi-disciplinary projects with a legal empowerment component.

I am interested in projects in the following countries: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kirabati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.

If anyone can point me in the direction of any current, completed or anticipated projects I would be very grateful. If you can suggest people I could contact that might be able to assist me I would also be very interested.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Lucy

2 Likes

Hi Lucy! Welcome to our community. It’s great to have you here and we look forward to accompanying you on your PhD journey. :wink:

Other members can pipe in, but if you haven’t already you might want to have a look around in the forum, resource library and member directory for projects to look into. The forum search (see :mag: in top right corner) is very handy for looking up countries and then jumping into ongoing conversations. It would be a big help to those members and to the rest of this community as well if you could give them a nudge to update the community on their progress. You might also let us know about projects you find that are good examples or raise interesting questions, and fellow members can then also give you further guidance on your research.

Legal empowerment is both particular to communities and involves shared challenges and strategies, so it is helpful to share.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response and suggestions, Tobias! I will certainly keep you posted on anything interesting I come across.

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step