Let's create a Portuguese language category on the forum

@luanapereiradc and @AngeloNarcizo have expressed interest recently in nurturing and growing our community of portuguese speakers. That’s great - let’s go! :rocket:

We have been successful with this for spanish speakers already, and I would like us to try to follow that model.

I will create the category, and to do so I need the following information, in portuguese language - can one of you provide it for me? I can create it as soon as Monday.

• short name (used in website links and email subject line)
  • long name
  • brief description
  • usernames of at least two volunteers who can keep an eye on discussions in portuguese and keep the discussions moving forward, along the lines of our community guidelines

More people can then jump in and start using the category as we move along.

cc: @deylacurtis

1 Like

Hi, Tobias. I did it only translating the informations about the topic in spanish.

short name: Empoderamento Legal (em português)

long name: Empoderamento Legal (em português)

brief description: Aqui podemos conversar em português sobre nossas experiências de empoderamento legal, compartilhar notícias e oportunidades, ajudarmos uns aos outros, buscar parcerias para iniciativas e iniciar todo tipo de diálogo que possa ser de interesse para nossa comunidade!

usernames of volunteers: Me! and @deniseddora @liviazr

Maybe @DavidSaute @guilhermepimentel ?

1 Like

Great! Thanks, Luana. I’ll create the category with this information. We can adjust it later as required - just let me know. The short name will be simply portugues which is shorter and matches what we did with spanish.

Like this:

short name: portugues

long name: Empoderamento Legal (em português)

brief description: Aqui podemos conversar em português sobre nossas experiências de empoderamento legal, compartilhar notícias e oportunidades, ajudarmos uns aos outros, buscar parcerias para iniciativas e iniciar todo tipo de diálogo que possa ser de interesse para nossa comunidade!

@luanapereiradc: I’ve now created the #portugues category - please check it out and add a welcome note to Portuguese speakers to kick off conversations.

Perfect! Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi Luana and all , really sorry I didnt say anything yestaday becouse I was very busy, so look am also going to make part of that action wish is being planned. Hoping to hear you soon.

David

1 Like

Hi David and Luana! How are you both? I see the #portugues category has gone a little quiet. Let me know if you’d like some encouragement or help to get conversation going there in portuguese. :slight_smile: How are you both?

Meanwhile, I was wondering if you might be willing to add a new topic in #portugues to spread the word about the annual survey to portuguese speakers, and also spread the word in your communities. The survey is an important tool for the team guiding the network to set priorities based on needs expressed by members. Below is the announcement in spanish and english which you could use as a basis for your own post. The survey is available in spanish and french this year - maybe next year if there’s alot more activity in portuguese we can also look at making it available in portuguese. Meanwhile, I hope you can manage to complete it in english, spanish or french.

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step