Marlon manuel takes on duterte

Great to see the news that founding Network Guidance Committee member @marlonmanuel has filed in the Philippines Supreme Court to stop martial rule.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/906911/sc-urged-to-protect-public-from-arbitrary-declaration-of-martial-law

Thank you brother for keeping up the good fight.

Look forward to hearing how the case plays out.

Question for you if you have the chance- what role are paralegals, legal empowerment groups, and the communities they serve playing in this crisis?

v

cc: @namati_staff

5 Likes

Congratulations @marlonmanuel !! From Argentina I send you a big hug and the best energy for such a praiseworthy battle.

Ale

2 Likes

Thanks very much for sharing this information, Vivek. It’s great to see Marlon battling for human rights at such a crucial time in the Philippines.

Marlon, I’m wishing you the best success in this crucially important work. I’m proud to call you a friend and colleague.

Cheers,

Steve

3 Likes

Dear Steve,

I join you in congratulating Marlon for the wonderful work he has embarked on.

Regards,

Clifford

1 Like

Dear Vivek,

It is true we need to give Marlon moral support in the noble cause.

Regards,

Clifford

1 Like

Thanks. Legal empowerment groups, lawyers, and paralegals are at the forefront of the struggle to protect human rights and to prevent the recurrence of the Philippines’ horrific experience under Marcos. We have to nip in the bud, at the earliest opportunity, attempts to bring back authoritarian rule in the country. Paralegals play key roles in informing communities about rights, in relation to limitations of what government can do, and in documenting violations and abuses.

1 Like