Meeting with paralegals around the lake zonal mining area in Tanzania

At a meeting, paralegals from Sengerema, shinyanga rural, kahama, msalala, Geita and Kishapu came together to discuss how to use a questionnaire on baseline survey. In the area around mining areas in Tanzania.

SIRD PROJECT (supporting Inclusive Resources Development)

6 Likes

this project based in east Africa Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and thanks to meet with @BenardMosira paralegal from Sengerema and also member of namati together we can help community around the mining area and thanks Tanganyika law society for this seminar.

4 Likes

Happy to meet with paralegals working on mining in Tanzania. Paralegals in Sierra Leone are also working on mining related issues.

@andrewexavery and @paulmabu it would be great if you could share with us some more info on your work in the mining sector.

2 Likes

Hi Paul and Andrew! Thanks for the posts. :sunflower: I enjoyed seeing these photos of paralegals hard at work filling a questionnaire, and also to see that my friend @BenardMosira was with you. I had the pleasure of spending plenty of time with Benard during the @exchange_2016tanzania last summer.

Like Daniel I’d love to learn some more about paralegal work taking place in the Tanzania mining sector generally. I’m sure there are some lessons More specifically can you tell us some more about this meeting, who organized it and its purpose, and tell us some more about the baseline survey questionnaire? Is it part of a new project that is starting up?

2 Likes

Thanks for this great feedback. its innovative we know that around the world where “big business companies” are operating there are series of abuses on the locals and sine the paralegals are there to take care of the common man this would be a great opportunity for them to uncover that which was hiding under the carpet. good luck and i missed my people of Tanzania since the last exchange organised by NAMATI. As you might know we have serious problems and the internet was cut from our regions thats why some of us have been absent from the world of internet. looking forward to seeing many more exciting issues like this one. my regards to the staff of WLAC!

2 Likes

Hello! The project called Supporting inclusive resource development organized by Tanganyika Law Society, Baseline conducted by paralegals at Kahama Shinyanga in Mwandakulima ward. The objective of this project is to stimulate economic growth from our mines in particular for women and disadvantaged groups and enable citizens to be able to support the various initiatives undertaken by the government with the aim of increasing the income of the country and the general public through our mines.

4 Likes