Namati becomes a Partner with the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN)

I am pleased to announce that Namati has been invited to join the Global Land Tool Network (GLTN) as it’s 74th Partner, under the Rural International Civil Society cluster!

The Global Land Tool Network is an alliance of global regional and national partners contributing to poverty alleviation through land reform, improved land management and security of tenure particularly through the development and dissemination of pro-poor and gender-sensitive land tools. It is housed within UN-Habitat and its partners and membership include international civil society organizations, international finance institutions, international research and training institutions, donors and professional bodies. They offer professional training and workshop, and extensive resource library, and access to collaborators and expert guidance.

I look forward to being a link between Namati’s land-related programs, our partners, the Global Legal Empowerment Network members, and the GLTN. If you are interested in learning more about GLTN or our collaborations with them, please contact me. @namati_myanmar @namati_sierraleone @rachaelknight @jaronvogelsang @davidarach @vivekmaru @michaelotto

From GLTN’s official announcement:

Namati’s approaches to working on land issues directly align with GLTN’s agenda and core values. The experiences, research, and training materials will be valuable contributions to the GLTN – in particular regarding communal land tenure systems and the application of legal empowerment strategies to land issues. Namati may also bridge the GLTN with the Global Legal Empowerment Network of over 650 organizations, many of whom work on land-related issues.

4 Likes

Hi Marena, I am happy to hear about the Partnership with Global Land Tool Network,I from Tanzania am interested to see how the programs work around the world by involving the government since the Government is a major stakeholder in many issues including the land protection.

1 Like