Network Members Meet and Greet event in Nairobi on 16 October, 2018

high
underway
network-event
kenya

(Mohammed Aman) #1

It is going to be an exciting couple of weeks for network members in Kenya. Along with a learning exchange on citizenship rights which is currently ongoing through October 19, the @namati_network team together with @namati_citizenship is organizing the first ever Global Legal Empowerment Network In-person event in Kenya. This is a meet and greet event aimed at members in Kenya, where a substantial number of Network members work.

This meet and greet is an informal event meant to give Network members an opportunity to connect, share, and learn about each other’s work. Members are encouraged to attend at their convenience. Please note that we are not covering travel costs.

Details of the event

Date and Time: Tuesday the 16th of October 2018 from 5.00pm to 7.00pm Kenyan time

Venue: Makina Jamia Mosque library in Kibra within the madrasa building

We take this opportunity to invite you to participate in the first ever meet and greet event in Kibra at your convenience through RSVP. Kindly note that there are limited slots which shall be filled up on a rolling basis. To RSVP, reply here or send email to community@namati.org.

As the event would be convened in close proximity to the mosque we would like to pose a gentle reminder that all members planning to attend to kindly be sensitive to the community including dressing conservatively.

We are looking forward to meeting members of the Network who are building our movement and working everyday to put the power of law in people’s hands.

New member introductions (27 September to 10 October, 2018)
New member introductions (27 September to 10 October, 2018)
(Tobias Eigen) #8

(Tobias Eigen) #9

(Tobias Eigen) #10

(Tobias Eigen) #11

Very nice. I am so much looking forward to being in my beloved Kenya :kenya: again (I arrive Sunday!) and having the opportunity to meet Kenyan members in person! Thank you for organizing our first ever meet and greet networking event, @MohammedAman @aishakhagai @mustafa_mahmoud and everyone pitching in from the Nairobi office. You all are amazing.

@exchange_2018kenya participants! I know you are in the final session of the day, but as soon as you see this please add a reply here to RSVP. You can also select the GOING button at the top to indicate your intention to attend. I am looking forward to spending some quality time with all of you.

@namati_staff if you know any Nairobi-based member who should come, please add a reply here to invite them personally or direct them to this announcement. Thanks! :sunflower:

(Okoye Chukwuemeka Uzoma) #29

Hi, RSVP from Okoye Chukwuemeka Uzoma for the meeting.

Thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

(Laura Goodwin) #30

I’m looking forward to meeting other members of the Global Legal Empowerment Network here in Nairobi! Count me in!

@muthonimuchiri @nashmeister @Purity_Wadegu @zena @LoureenAchieng & many others - hope to see you there!

(Mwanga Mastullah Ashah) #31

But dressing “Islamically” doesn’t mean you will have dressed conservatively. May we be sensitive with the kind of language we use.

(Silas Nyagala) #32

I don’t want to hear the story from storyteller instead I will be a storyteller.

(Maulid Mwinyikai) #33

RSVP for our organization staff.

(Laura Parker) #34

Hi, looking forward to meeting you all. I will probably come with a couple of colleagues from the UNHCR regional office. Best wishes all and karibuni Kenya to the learning exchange participants

(Lalita Yawangsan) #35

Hello, looking forward to meet you all. O

(Zahra Khalid) #36

I will attend thanks Laura

(Purity Wadegu) #37

I’ll definitely be there

(McKinley Charles) #38

My RSVP – count me in.

(Isaiah Ochieng) #39

My RSVP- I will be in attendance

(Maryama Farah) #40

My RSVP Looking forward to attending!

(Shaila Tieken) #41

My RSVP, looking forward to meet you all :slight_smile:

(Mustafa Mahmoud) #42

@JulieMatoke are you available?

(Mohammed Aman) #43

Thank you for that reminder Asha,

We would love to see you at the event and interact more.

Please let us know if you would be able to attend.

Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing you there.

Regards.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step