New Member Introductions (1 August - 14 August 2019)

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a Skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdeskteam or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

4 Likes

Welcome our new members

1 Like

Thank you. I hope to be of service while I’m here.

1 Like

nice to be here. more enlightenment please

2 Likes

My name is Evans Wamiru. I am young and optimistic Kenyan youth who has passion for Human Rights, networking and enterprenuership. I’m a student at the University of Nairobi pursuing Bachelor of Laws. I also do student activism. Having been brought up in slums, i developed passion for agitating for injustices. I would like to see light at the end of the tunnel someday. I strongly believe that i have been born, baptized and raised in the activism blood! Law is not discretional and so is justice.

1 Like

Hi @evanswamiru! Great to see you here in the forum. I think as a liverpool fanatic you and @MohammedAman may have some things to talk about. :wink:

1 Like

Hello, I’m Arnaldo Santana, From Brazil, I’m studying International Relations on UNILAB that is a college due to develop the relation between Brazil and Other Portuguese Language countries, specially Africa’s ones. I’m actually a researcher on Human Rights Education and Activist of International Amnesty on Brazil, developing politics on human rights and human rights defenders. Also, i’m starting a new research program on college to watch the structure of human rights defense and catalog the violations and direct to the one responsible of the juridical restauration. I’ve joined this group to talk lot more about Human rights defense and legal empowerment on our social reality all around the world and to help as much as possible. Regards, Arnaldo de Santana

4 Likes

Wow! :eyes: We had a record breaking 200 new members join the network in this two week period. Welcome, everyone! I looked at each and every one of your profiles and am deeply impressed, and heartily recommend that new and existing members also take a scan through the list above to check out the many countries and continents represented, and the many organizations doing very interesting and valuable legal empowerment work.

I know many of you came to apply for the 2019 legal empowerment leadership course. Whatever the outcome of your applications, keep in mind that you have joined a community and you are very welcome here. Our forum is open and participatory, and you are very welcome to contribute to discussions to learn and share. Many opportunities are shared here in the forum too, so do check in regularly!

@zina_rombo @patisaw @evanswamiru @arnaldossantana thank you for your replies! Do feel free to tell us more about yourselves, the work you are doing in the legal empowerment space, and what you expect to contribute to and get from this community.

3 Likes

This is another exciting news. I hope more record will come since the leadership course application play a great role to get new members.

1 Like

I am Mawuli from Ghana.It is nice to meet you all here on the platform. As time goes on I hope we shall have a lot to share.

3 Likes

My name is Ketan Mor, currently pursuing Law from Faculty of Law, University of Delhi. I have been graduated in Political Science (Hons) and my interest areas are International Relations and Law, Global Politics and SDGs. Besides my academic life, I am a Youth Speaker, Motivator, writer who is working for communities. I recently represented my country in 7 ARC Conference of Rectors’ and Students Forum in Bucharest, Romania. I am part of both my college society and NGO who are working in imparting Legal help. I am a Team Leader in outreach program of Legal Services Society of my college where we used to provide free legal aid to poor living in slum areas of Delhi. We also run the door to door campaign in order to make people aware about their rights and assist them in getting benefit from government scheme.

I also worked with a NGO called Ladli Foundation Trust who work in the field of women empowerment. They run so many different projects related to the development of women and young girls. I am the the Project Coordinator at one project related to Legal Empowerment of women living in slum areas of Delhi who cannot afford justice due to different reason. Swabhimaan, which mean dignity of women is the project designed specifically for women who are victims of sexual harassment, domestic violence, cruelty and other form of violence against women. We, under this project help these women at free of cost in finding justice and provide all needed assistance. I am an active volunteer, committed to build a better future for our next generations.

3 Likes

I am inspired with your efforts and commitments

2 Likes

thanks for the compliment bro.

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step