New Member Introductions (11 April to 24 April 2019)

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a Skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @helpdeskteam or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

5 Likes

Welcome on board our new members@Ifeanyi @Zeenat_Masoodi @isabellereinecke @AkiliRamadhani @ClauCruzLCDM

1 Like

Hi everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am Zeenat Masoodi, a practising lawyer currently based in New Delhi, India.

4 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am Justin from Proforest, an organization working with companies and other stakeholders to improve the sustainability of agricultural supply chains. We work directly with companies by supporting them in implementing responsible sourcing strategies as well as participating in and supporting multi-stakeholder initiatives tackling systemic issues in the production of agricultural commodities globally and regionally.

I have joined this network to find resources which could be useful for Proforest’s work on land rights and community engagement, as well as identify organisations with local practical knowledge and capacity on land rights with whom we could potentially collaborate.

Look forward to participating more in this network.

Thanks,

Justin

5 Likes

Hello all. Am arthur Mukwaya, a land surveyor in uganda. I practice in areas of cadastral surveying, engineering survey and GIS. I have good experience i Resettlement Action plan, irrigation schemes and so many others. Am also good at GIS. I got to know about this thtough searches on google as i was looking gor an NGO dealing land related issues. I intend to go beyong ugandan borders in developing my career path as learning never ends. I want to put my acquired skills in land surveying both knowledge and practicals to good use beyond just my immediate neighbourhood. I also have a certificate in monitoring and evaluation for projects which i intend to put to use. I am passionate about geography and sharing. I want to widen my network through connecting with new people. I intend to have the best out of this.

Regards

Arthur

3 Likes

Hola a todo mundo. Soy Guille Edith de Oaxaca, México, mujer zapoteca. Actualmente trabajo acompañando a mujeres indígenas que realizan procesos de investigación sobre el acceso a la salud sexual y reproductiva de mujeres jóvenes indígenas. Hace tres años yo realicé una investigación similar con el acompañamiento de el Instituto de Liderazgo Simone de Beauvoir en donde actualmente trabajo como oficial de incidencia. paralelamente acompaño a mujeres municipalistas o con cargos comunitarios en sus comunidades en Oaxaca y Campeche en temas sobre fortalecimiento a la participación política. En Oaxaca colaboro con una organización donde trabajamos con derechos de la infancia y autonomía emocional con un enfoque feminista, de género e intercultural.

2 Likes

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step