New member introductions (12 to 25 July, 2018)

presently am not working on anything now but i wish to start soon where i work presently i notice that women are not paid the same amount of money they will pay a male on the same position. every time i try talking about that i received warning letter from my boss

2 Likes

yes please help me navigate a little

2 Likes

Hello to you guys and welcome to the forum

2 Likes

hello my name is Adeline M. Potter from Liberia and i will love to be part of this great family. i want to join the advocacy in this group. Gender base violence that has been taking the life of women

3 Likes

My self Doctorate in Environmental Science having expertise on Pollution and Climate change impact on rural and tribal health wants to contribute in this field

2 Likes

@Adepotter I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with gender-equal pay and are unable to speak openly with your boss about it. Maybe @Abi, @amiekandeh, or @fatimaadamu have advice to managing this conflict in the W. Africa context?

I’m also happy to hear that you are interested in advocacy! This week we are launching our 10 Weeks of Action, and next week is focused on gender justice issues. See how you can get involved here:

1 Like

Great, thank you @drmanoz! We are so happy to have you here. You might be interested in getting involved in the conversations in our #environment category here: https://community.namati.org/c/environment

You should also check out our Resource Library, filled with guides, manuals, policy briefs, and more. Here is one you might be interested in:

2 Likes

Access to information good governance records and records management

1 Like

Thanks you Tobias. I am glad to be part of such an organization. I am currently working a divorce case. Trying to sever an abusive husband from a wife.

1 Like

I am glad to be part of this great family. I am trying to get used to this platform. Finding it a bit difficult to work on my profile

1 Like

Hello @Laurenkech! Great to have you in the family! :sunny:

Can you describe the difficulties you’re having updating your profile? It’s important for all members to be able to keep their profile and bio up to date, and also helps for everyone to set their picture in the forum.

Here’s an excerpt from FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about the Network platform which hopefully will help you figure it out. Let me know if you still have questions.

Thank you very much for feedback. Looks like we this is gonna be fun and most exciting is the learning and sharing bit. Kindly note. I am affiliated to Legs Resource Foundation … through networking but I work for Faraja Foundation. Kindly correct than as indicated from the intake/application form. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Christine! Great to see you here. Indeed we will have some fun. :slight_smile: Hope you decide to hang out here in the forum regularly.

That’s great! Faraja Foundation is not yet in the network directory. You can add it by editing your profile and choosing + Add new organization, and then fill in all the organization details. Contact me directly if you have any questions or feedback on adding your organization.

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for your message and for the warm welcome accorded to me. I will get in touch if I have anything to share or seek input from the network.

Best

Ravindran

1 Like

Dear Tobias,

Thank you for the network. Happy to be part. We do legal aid, public interest litigation, social justice, social activism, human rights monitoring and reporting among others…Thank you again

Scarius John from Rwanda

2 Likes

Greetings all,

Hope you are all well.

It is very nice to be here, and i am really excited about the prospects.

My name is Isaac Afunaduula.

I am a lawyer by profession, I also lecture law at Kampala International University.

Most importantly I am a human rights activist, and Head of the Human Rights Legal Aid Center Uganda (HURILAC).

Briefly, my ardent passion is legal aid, legal research, community outreach, and grassroots based approaches to human rights solutions.

I found out about this network through a colleague, who recommended it for its ability to join various international links.

At the moment, i am working on addressing the issue of police violence, excessive force and the arbitrary deprivation of rights in times of emergency. The intention is to have a jurisprudence, a definite legal position and recommendations for the police and security forces on proportionality. This will hopefully culminate in a court action for declarations on what the position should be.

We are also working on women empowerment to enable them assert their sexual reproductive rights.

I am looking for networking, pooling of resources, and any support available in form of advice, strategies, experiences etc.

Best regards.

3 Likes

Actually I work as an independant consultant inside project based on gender based violence

I would like to be apart of your international conference

1 Like

Bonjour toute la communauté, c’est Boubacar du Sénégal/ Dakar et je voudrais vous faire savoir que je suis très content de faire partie de cette communauté.

Thanks for the great message, I am very happy to become member of this platform.

2 Likes

We work on the provision of pro bono legal aid to refugees who go through the status determination( RSD) process. For now, we intend to train as many as 100 lawyers and para legals in Cameroon to start taking up these cases. There is no such thing as pro bono legal aid for refugees in the Cameroon

2 Likes

Hi guys,

My name is Fredrick Okagua @fredrickspencer from Nigeria. It’s a great pleasure to be part of this wonderful community of great minds.

My aim of joining this platform is to seek alliance with other great minds, industry experts with collaborative assistance especially in the area of improving access to justice, freedom of information, enforcement of fundamental rights and collective/community development through the rule of law as a veritable instrument for national development. I knew about this platform from the opportunity desk platform.

I am currently working on a project with my organisation on promoting access to public records and information in rural communities.

2 Likes