New Member Introductions (12th - 25th November 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

Thank you Marta. I am Faith Zablon from Kenya, I am currently involved with an organization called Duke and Duchess Foundation and our mission Is to empower girls and women who have been involved in Gender Based Violent acts in the community. We also promote good health and hygienic practises for girls in school by donating menstruation sanitary pads under the Menstral Fund- Kisii County.

I hope to network with members here and get ideas on how I can benefit members of my community.

Glad to be here. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank You very much Ma’am for this rare privilege, I am Benjamin Anebi From Nigeria, a representative of Child Shield Initiative-Nigeria.

Our Organization is into Child Protection and Empowerment, We also fight legal battles for Victims of Gender Base Violence.

I believe this Community will be of great help even as we strive for a better world. Thank You.

2 Likes

Hi @FaithZablon and @Bennieluv, thanks for introducing yourselves and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

To start, I would encourage you to:

• Explore the forum and the discussions that are taking place at the moment. In particular, you can check out our #gender category!
  • Explore the Resource Library , where you will find hundreds of resources about legal empowerment & access to justice, and specific issues such as gender-based violence.
  • Explore the Network’s Member Directory and see which organizations working in your country or region are also members of the Network!
1 Like

Thank You Very Much Messer! I will make good of every opportunity given. The Library and Gender Category will help a lot. Thanks you :pray::pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Kia ora koutou or hello everyone! I’m Jennifer Braithwaite from Aotearoa / New Zealand. I found the Legal Empowerment Network through “attending” the decolonising justice online conference recently and was inspired to join in order to continue to learn from the amazing work being done all over the world.

I’m a lawyer and the Chairperson of the Children’s Rights Alliance Aotearoa New Zealand. The Alliance is an organisation that leads the civil society reporting on New Zealand’s compliance on the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. I will also be starting a fellowship shortly that will involve undertaking research in relation to children and young people’s access to justice as well as how to close the justice gap which in our country disproportionally affects specific groups including indigenous people, disabled people, refugees and migrants, and those in poverty. As I get going with my fellowship I will probably have some more specific requests for help but right now I’m just interested in continuing to be inspired by what others are doing and thinking around the world!

2 Likes

My name is Olawale Ayeni, a Police Inspector in Nigeria. I got to know about Namati online when I was browsing on some international peace and conflict resolution. Why??? I believe that peace can be restored to this planet earth by advocating for it. All wars can not be won by sophisticated weapons bcoz there’s a more powerful weapon stronger than that— which is spoken words of our mouth. I believe in consistent advocating for peace through social media, televisions, Bill board etc. through the means of short drama skits by narrating peace advocating stories that can reset human mentality. I am currently working on one which is centered on putting an end to Police brutalities in Nigeria, the reason for this is that many Nigerians have been grossly brutalized and even died. So in my little capacity, I believe this Short drama skits will go a long way in serving as warning and appeals to the members of Nigeria Police. Many are still on the way coming, not only to center on Police brutalities alone, but advocating for peace as a whole so that the world can back her peace as God want it. However, my challenge now is how will this dramatic message go a long way, on social media, televisions Bill boards, therefore there will be a call for financial assistance for the implementation and execution of this project. Meanwhile, within my little capacity, I will continue to try my best. In conclusion, if there’s any need, I will like to post it to the world if there’s an avenue to do that. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @JenniferBraithwaite, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network! Since you are going to be undertaking research on access to justice, I would encourage you to explore the Network’s Resource Library.

1 Like

Hi @OlawaleAyeni, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

Thanks for sharing about your work. Access to funding is of course an important priority for many organizations. Opportunities are often shared through the forum, so I suggest you keep a close look at email summaries from the forum and log in regularly, and investigate those opportunities as they come up.

There are two topics: Recurring fundraising & grant opportunities for legal empowerment and Funding opportunities for COVID-19 response and recovery, with good leads for funding too that you can look at, and contribute to with questions or suggestions for other members.

1 Like

To know more about Jabulani Myeni from South Africa

I’m currently working at Local Government as Local Economic Development/Tourism Manager. I wish To learn more and discover and sharing with team at large. To meet and make new friends in the work related field to entire country. To share my work with Team and friends at large. To learn new skills of advocacy. Colleagues I’m also willing to get a new job, if possible there is any post in your department please contact me am flexible to move at any where my contact ( +27764870187 you can WhatsApp or mhlaba100@gmial.com)

Via face book or WhatsApp so passionate and got inspired on what Jabulani does. What do ,I advocate for the rights of youths development and community development in my rural areas ,as well as enhancing access to education, NGOs and empowering them economically through hands on skills and providing a conducive environment for area development and creating more jobs.

Thank you

Warm regards