New member introductions (14-27 May 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for welcoming me In this humanitarian services working group. I am Brima Kabbah from Sierra Leone west Africa. I am Community women and girls rights promotion advocate. I have a registered community based organization with its thematic focusee on GBV prevention, male engagement against GBV,Youth engagement and entrepreneurship, women and out of school girls empowerment. Currently,we are engaged in the prevention of GBV and violence against women and girls during lockdown. We engaged Community stakeholders and report any Case of GBV and violence against women and girls during in COVID19. I came to know about this forum through a US medical Dr, Dr. Gibila Goba in one of the Africa Youth Envoy meetings against COVID19. After sharing my works with her,she grew interested in my works and linked me with one her colleague medical Doctor who has Sierra Leone Background. Both of them later connected me to NIMATI Deputy Country Director for Sierra Leone,who later sent the ll Link to join this Community. NIMATI also liked me to legal practiconeer for legal assistant. As a team,we are interested in collaboration for effective Community engagement. Hope the further hear you . Regards, Brima Kabbah- Executive Director Community Action for Sustainable Development Sierra Leone.

Dear Colleagues,

My name is Fatuma Silungwe. I am a Legal Analyst at UNDP Malawi. I am interested in access to justice for vulnerable communities and I thought this forum is the right one for learning and sharing about that.

Dear Marta,

Thank you for welcoming. I’m pleased to be part of the Namati members. Apart of managing bully.id, I’m a child online protection enthusiast and legal advisor. Bully.id is a future AI app that combines psychology & law principles to proactively identify cyberbullying with an AI-analysis, as its recently incorporated in England, I would really much interested to get in touch with every single member who are a certified legal practitioners in the UK or in the US. I’m happy to discuss further and let’s get in touch:)

Dear Comrade

Thank you for welcoming me here. My name is Osman Ahmed we’re just completed new labour union called Low Pay workers union in London. We represent members in terms of employment law issues and equality within the workplace, we promote workers rights and inclusion in all protected class. My aims is not only in EU also as a African Somalian I am planing to combine workers rights with human rights because labour rights are human rights and work other organisations who promote and advocate trade unions particularly in Africa. Regards Osman

I am Sam Jarlwood, Executive Director for Forum Africa Heritage and Human Rights Network. I joined the Legal Empowerment Program because of my desire for a just world where I will help vulnerable groups to shape and understand the law. I am presently working with communities carrying out justice needs programs in alternative dispute resolution services, engaging prison authorities to ascertain the conditions of prison images, mitigating some semblance of gender based violence, and creating awareness on COVID 19. Unfortunately, the COVID 19 restrictions seem to be hindering our efforts. Above all, we need supports to effectively carryout our programs. Regards, Sam Jarlwood

This is Qaisar Iqbal from Rural Community Development Society (RCDS) Punjab Pakistan

Hello! Thank for letting me join. I am Hsu Mon Thein, from Myanmar, and I am currently working as research officer. The main reason why I join this community is I am interested in rights and justice of under privileged community. Thank again. I am exciting to learn from all of you.

My Name Is Edison Samah from Sierra Leone West Africa. I am the founding member of my organisation (U.F.F) here in Sierra Leone presently joining hands with the government to see that Covid 19 is out of our country and our surrounding and the world as a whole. My interest is to see every men, women, youths, boys and girls especially grow stronger and healthier by breaking the patriarchy, punitive traditions and cultural barriers negatively affecting communities. My mission is to give helping hands and see local communities grow and to transform lives through education, reduction of poverty especially from local community people, the fight against teenage pregnancy and Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV).

Greetings Edison, John Masuwa is my name. I am Zambian from Southern Africa, i am a Founder/Director of Circles of Hope, your mission is my mission, i would like you and me to be working together through online Exchange.

1 Like

Hi all, thanks for introducing yourselves and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!!

As first steps I would recommend you to:

Estimadas @anacorinabermudez, @viviannelyma, bienvenidas a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red de Empoderamiento Jurídico!

Comparto algunos detalles que puede sean de su interés:

Hello John, I will be happy to work with you from any angle as long as it is for the development of my country’s people.

Hi Every One! I am Dr. Pattabhi Rama Rao, not a medical doctor and wish to introduce myself as a human being who takes rights seriuosly.

1 Like

Salaams Fatuma,

I work with vulnerable groups inside American family courts. Parents who are jobless, work low wage jobs,refuse immunizations, homeschool, are just some of the groups being pursued and losing parental rights. It is the shame and tragedy of America, the family court system forces therapy, parenting classes, supervised visits all for monetary gain. Any given state projects 80% of children in foster care are not there because sexual or physical abuse.

The courts work extremely hard to isolate mothers and children so they can abuse them. Parents fighting for their children turn to drugs to cope, may end up homeless, deeply depressed while others commit suicide. The auctioning off of children in family courts is an open market.