New Member Introductions (17th November 2022 - 30th November 2022)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are happy to have you join the Legal Empowerment Network. This is a space to connect with fellow practitioners from around the world; keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration.

Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

This topic brings together new members. Please introduce yourself. Tell us a bit about your work and your expectations for joining the network. You can add a reply using the blue Reply button down below.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

A warm welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

Sharing with you here our ongoing online, self-guided course: Legal Empowerment 101: Combining the power of law with the power of people. The 5-week course includes 8-10 hours of material and is available in English, Français, and Español.

I see some of you are already enrolled in the English version of the course - excited to virtually interact with all of you! :grinning: Lesson 2 of the course is now available. You can access the course content in these links for English, Español, and Français.

Learn about our movement Compressed

Feel free to write to networklearning@namati.org with any questions!

Thank you, and we hope to see you in the course,

LE101 team

5 Likes

My name is Abdulrahman sesay and I am from Sierra Leone

3 Likes

My name is Nura Idris I’m from Nigeria am very glad to be one of legal empowerment network

2 Likes

لو تضاف الترجمة للعربية نكون شاكرين

1 Like

Thanks Dr. Sawsan, and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network. To see the forum in your language kindly use the translate button like a globe icon below every post so you can read it in your language. Currently, our main site is only in English but we are working on language functionality for more inclusivity. We welcome any feedbacks!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I’m glad to join the network and look forward to stimulating engagement and collaboration. My name is Jonathan Agbo from Nigeria. I work on issues of access to justice, substance use policy advocacy and digital rights.

2 Likes

Hello my name is Given Sibanda from Legal Resources Foundation, Zimbabwe

2 Likes

Hello, I am Teresa Ulloa, I am a feminist, abolitionist, and Director of the Regional Coalition Against Trafficking in Women and Girls for Latin America and the Caribbean. We legally represent victims of trafficking and sexual commercial exploitation, forced marriage, disapearences, slavery, and all the worst forms of violence against women and girls. We have started to represent victims of reproductive exploitation and trafficking of children.

3 Likes