New member introductions 👋 (18th August - 2nd September 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

My name is Faidha Fussi a Director of the organization called Girls Health Education Support organization. I have two things that I need supports from you guys.our organization is very new and we have not received any donors or funds supports. But currently we are going to have the project of establishing a learning center for the children’s with Disability so that they can access education like other groups.The project is not yet started but we are about to do . I have request from If we could share our project proposal and help us financially to facilitate the program.

2 Likes

Dear @faidhafussi, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

Access to funding is of course an important priority for many organizations. Opportunities are often shared through the forum, so I suggest you keep a close look at email summaries from the forum and log in regularly, and investigate those opportunities as they come up.

There are two topics: Recurring fundraising & grant opportunities for legal empowerment and Funding opportunities for COVID-19 response and recovery, with good leads for funding too that you can look at, and contribute to with questions or suggestions for other members.

1 Like

The reason why I joined the team is I really need to learn more about the issues of laws so that I can bring a New platform of Social justice in the community . And I have found you through internet .Thank you alot I hope we will be able to help each other’s.

1 Like

Dear all This is Valerio Ussene, from Mozambique. I have a Master degree in Social Education and Bachelor in Educational Sciences. I have large experience in working with universities as Pedagogic manager and Lecturer. Currently I am working with a company related to the Oil and gas industry. At the same time, I have been acting as a National and international activist in Literacy, Adult Education and Lifelong learning. I have alse large experience in working with national and International NGOs. I am confident in promoting the right to education for sustainable development for vulnerable communities and people (focusing on women and youth) to transform lives. I am sure that I will learn a lot in this group, share my experience and use the experience of other members. The COVID-19 is an opportunity to have the certainty on how vulnerable people and communities, with no or less education are really vulnerable. This is part of what motivated me to join this group. I found out this group accidentally by the internet, when i was searching open COVID-19 small grants so that i can apply to support vulnerable people that are affected. Thank you very much Valerio

martaalmela via Global Legal Empowerment Network <community@namati.org> escreveu no dia quinta, 3/09/2020 à(s) 18:01:

1 Like

Dear all my name is Endris Seid Kassa. I am now an executive director of Timret for Development and Growth Organization(TDGO) from Ethiopia. Our organization established as nonprofit organization for addressing the most urgent and pressing needs of the poor, vulnerable, disadvantaged and the marginalized people of Amhara and Afar Regions through planning and implementing a wide variety of projects. We are now at the early stage of starting and we seek support in every aspects like sharing experiences, promoting, donations, guidance etc.

Thanks

1 Like

Hello everyone i am Mohamed Farahat, in general i am an Egyptian lawyer, Jurist human rights lawyer, legal trainer in addition he is a legal and political researcher. He joined Egyptian Foundation for Refugees Rights (EFRR) in 2014, first as Access to Justice team leader than as Coordinator of EFRR’s legal aid project with UNHCR , currently as programs director .

Recently worked with HUMENA for human rights and civic engagement as legal analyst, as a Legal Consultant with International Organization for Migration (IOM-Egypt) , Legal Expert with Center for Migration and Refugees Studies (CMRS_-American university in Cairo (AUC) and Research fellow with International ICT Policy for East and Southern Africa (CIPESA) . In addition I am a member of steering committee of Internet Rights and Principles Coalition (IRPC) and selected as a Management Advisory group (MAG) member at North Africa Internet Governance (NAIGF) . Prior to joining EFRR, I worked for Africa and Middle East Refugee Assistance (AMERA-Egypt) as access to Justice team leader, he worked for International Commission for Jurists (ICJ) as a legal researcher.

I am a legal and political researcher. He has several published articles related to International refugees law, Statelessness, political issues and democracy ,parliamentary studies, digital rights and internet governance .

I hold a law degree in Law from Cairo university ,I obtained a post-graduate diploma in Human Rights and civil society, postgraduate diploma in International Negotiation, postgraduate diploma in African Studies, and postgraduate diploma in International law. CurrentlyI am a Master’s degree researcher in the Faculty of High African Studies-Cairo University.

1 Like