New Member Introductions (21st January - 3rd February 2021)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

3 Likes

Summary

Skilled Journalist with experience of eight years, administrator with years of exemplary service in diverse management roles. Passionate about Human Rights, Good governance, Accountability and Inclusive growth. Hard working, Innovative, Socially interactive and ambitious ready to undertake challenging tasks.

I really want to strengthen grassroots movement of solidarity working group to use available resources in rural Uganda and ensure that we realise the vision 2030.

Importantly is that, how i wish we get proposal writer to help us get funding for our community projects.

2 Likes

Hi @BikekeSaimon, thank you very much for joining the introduction and sharing your work with us! We have a growing library of resources with regional focus on Uganda that might be of interest to you. Also check out our resources on proposal writing, which might be helpful!

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response. I have pinned another important issue in the discussion. Await members interventions.

2 Likes

@samiraGadaffi, pathway to being stronger :muscle::heart:

2 Likes

Hi @SamiraGadaffi we are glad to have you join our community!

1 Like

How did you find us? I was conducting secondary research for a Law Without Walls. The LWOW project challenge requires my team to investigate how to leverage design thinking and digital channels to leverage legal advice for those in need. I came across Namati as it was referenced in another paper I had found.

What prompted you to join? Legal empowerment covers a wide scope in the field of law and access to justice. This provides countless opportunities for personal, professional and academic growth as well as the chance to make a difference in the lives of others. The Legal Empowerment Network is vast, it is spread across the world, and would be able to aid me in my endeavours and allow me a platform and some direction on how to serve others.

What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with?

3 Likes

Hi @AkishaMaraj thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us. Indeed, our network highly value a collective participation for everyone to share and learn from each other in the field of legal empowerment, you have definitely comes to the right place!

Feel free to explore the Resource Library , where you will find hundreds of resources about legal empowerment & access to justice, including aspect on designing and digitization.

You can always check out our Network’s Member Directory and see which organizations working in your country or region are also members of the Network!

Don’t forget to check on the discussion that are taking place at the moment and always feel free to contribute your thoughts!

1 Like

I needed financial support to promote my organisation as a human right advocate.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi @emstyck welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

Access to financial support is of course an important priority for many organizations. Opportunities are often shared through the forum, so I suggest you keep a close look at email summaries from the forum and log in regularly, and investigate those opportunities as they come up.

There are two topics: Recurring fundraising & grant opportunities for legal empowerment and Funding opportunities for COVID-19 response and recovery, with good leads for financial support too that you can look at, and contribute to with questions or suggestions for other members.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your email.

2 Likes

Thank you. I’m glad to be here, hope this makes a good advantage to me.

2 Likes

Hi I am Dr.Marcus E.Davis I am Parakletos THE GREAT COMMISSION MINISTRY CHURCH ECCLESIASTICAL LAW MINISTRY. I found this community through the American Association Of Jewish Lawyers and Jurist. I look forward to working on issues around the World with this body thank you for having me.

2 Likes

Hi @AkishaMaraj - i thought i would add a few resources here for you to look at related to technology and design thinking in legal empowerment and virtual access to justice, such as this new resource on providing legal services remotely, this global review of technology for legal empowerment, and this case study about the use of technology by the member organization Nazdeek.

Additionally, this featured resource focuses on design thinking in legal empowerment, as does this discussion topic about use of technology in legal empowerment.

Enjoy! :rocket:

1 Like

This is great, thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi @DrMarcusDavis welcome to the network and thanks for joining the introduction! To start, I would always encourage you to explore the forum and the discussions that are taking place at the moment. Friday is a great day to log in, stay up to date and make useful contribution! We have many member organizations including AAJLJ in our member directory, feel free to check out.

1 Like

@SamiraGadaffi here’s something that might be interesting to you! Resources about Children and youth population and resources about education and empowerment. Remember Friday is always a great day to keep up with or make contribution to discussion that happen in the forum!

1 Like

Hi, everyone! My name is Madi I am an RN from the United States currently living in Turkey. I work in the humanitarian sector with a focus on public health as well as sexual and reproductive and mental health for forcibly displaced men. In this line of work, I come across a lot of problems plaguing male migrants when it comes to arbitrary detention and brutality from authorities. I have worked with pretrial detainees, migrant detainees, and victims of illegal pushbacks in the Mediterranean region for a little over a year now. I sought advice from a friend of mine who suggested I join this network. I have very little background in legal services so I look forward to learning from you all!

If anyone ever wants to get involved in legal work with migrants and refugees feel free to get in touch- we need all sorts of help from basic KYR training to more detailed research and advocacy for complex criminal cases.

2 Likes

Hi @MadisonKWilliamson, thanks for introducing and sharing your work with us. Welcome to the network! The right to Health is a part of our topic of focus in the field of Legal Empowerment as well, including the empowerment of the marginalized community. We highly value sharing of learning and knowledge to help support each other in different thematic contexts with various resources for practitioners. Here are some resources that might be helpful to your work: Refugee Rights Toolkit, Migration and International Human Rights Law and many more here. Please feel free to check out our #advocacy section to join or start a discussion on topics of interest!

1 Like

Thank you ThinThinHtet for the welcome.

1 Like