New member introductions (24 January - 5 February 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

2 Likes

No am from Tanzania and not Australia, thanks

1 Like

Dear @MartinMhenzi,

I just updated your country information above and in your profile. Thanks for letting us know!

We would love to hear more from you, please introduce yourself and tell us what prompted you to join the Global Legal Empowerment Network? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with?

1 Like

I ask how I may get volunteers who may come to my country. for my self as director I need volunteers who can work with me and they may come to my country Tanzania. How can I get those volunteers?

1 Like

Hi @MartinMhenzi,

I see in your profile that you are the director of a health centre in Tanzania. Are you working with community paralegals or health advocates? What kind of volunteers do you usually work with?

The Global Legal Empowerment Network is a community where people working on legal empowerment from all over the world share experiencies, opportunities, discuss about common topics and build together a movement for legal empowerment. A big percentage of our members work with volunteers and there have been some interesting discussions around such topic that might be of interest to you. For example, you can check this post on Paralegal and Volunteering in the #paralegals category.

I would also recommend you to go to the Resource Library and type “volunteer” in the search bar, you will find resources that might be of interest to you.

2 Likes

Im looking for internship opportunities available in my country. I want to test and improve my career before applying for job opportunities.

1 Like

Hi @davidmtera,

Welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network! Would you mind introducing yourself a little bit more and telling us what prompted you to join the Network?

I see in your profile that you have a law degree, you might be interested then in discussions around the role of lawyers in legal empowerment efforts. I would recommend you to explore the Network’s Resource Library, where you will find resources that might be of interest to you. In particular, you can have a look at:

As for internship and learning opportunities, you check the #opportunities category!

2 Likes

Thank you Marta…I’m David Mtera from Tanzania. I have graduated law degree in 2018, also i have attended post graduate diploma in law at law school of Tanzania. I have joined this platform to get access to various lawyers around the globe and see how are they practising their legal skills in the society.

2 Likes

Thanks for introducing yourself David! You definitely came to the right place to learn how other lawyers, paralegals and community advocates are using the law to transform the realities of the communities that they live in or work with.

1 Like

Hello Marta, @martaalmela Thank you for the information. I read about the community lawyers, this is something new for me. Probably this is a different institution than the community paralegals. Thank you for your time, Alexandar

1 Like

Please am currently doing a self voluntary work on gender based challenge, how can l get support and sponsorship.many girls facing challenge

2 Likes

Hi @Tonia23,

Welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network. Like yourself, many of our Network members work on a voluntary capacity themselves, or work with community members and people that volunteer to help their communities and other groups in vulnerable conditions.

You can keep an eye out for support and potential funding opportunities at the #opportunities category.

Since you are working in gender, and in particular with girls facing gender-based violence, I would recommend you to:

• Have a look at the conversations that are happening in the #gender category and engage with them, sharing your challenges, experiencies and lessons learned.
  • Watch the [Webinar] Tackling Gender Based Violence Through Legal Empowerment
  • Browse through the Network’s Resource Library (on the left side, you will be able to filter the resources by language and topic of interest, among other. You can select, for example, resources related to gender-based violence).
1 Like

My name is Mary, I like the field of human development and delights working with others and networking. I truly enjoy the world of human rights (particularly rights of women) at the community level. I have largely worked in areas around women’s rights, violence against women & girls, law and governance. I have worked a lot on gender based violence, gender mainstreaming, Constitutionalism, legal and policy reforms.

I learnt about this network as i was looking to engage with colleagues that work with communities. Right now am engaged enhancing prevention and protection of gender based violence in development projects. I will be very interested in learning others are dealing with the questions of inclusion (particularly of women, girls and Persons with Disabilities) while facing the challenge of maximisation of profits in a development project or commercial sector.

4 Likes

Hi @marynjeri,

Thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network!

I would recommend you to have a look at the conversations that are happening in our platform, in particular in the #gender and #community categories, and also check out the Resource Library for resources on how legal empowerment can help and empower people with disabilities.

1 Like

Well appreciated, I will do just that. I am delighted in this platform

3 Likes

Hola @manuelledezma, bienvenido a la Red Global de Empoderamiento JurĂ­dico y a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red!

Comparto algunos links y recursos que creo pueden ser de tu interés:

Hello Marta! I have a question that i would like you to assist me. I need to know if Namati has a branch office in my country?

1 Like

Hi @davidmtera, Namati does not have a country office in Tanzania. However, there are plenty of Network members from Tanzania! I would recommend you to visit our Member Directory and filter by country to find out which organizations and invidiuals in your country are part of the Network!

Very happy to be part of this great members. I come here to learn from you and share with you success stories and challenges of some useful and rare activities that our organisation is doing in Somalia. One of these activities is to open government to the public and the main part of the opening up is that the government share all endorsed laws and policies to the public.

2 Likes

Hi @abdikhayrhussein, thanks for introducing yourself and welcome to the Global Legal Empowerment Network! Seeing that you work on open government and promoting transparency and accountability, I would recomment you to:

1 Like

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step