New member introductions (26 July to 8 August, 2018)

introductions

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members who joined between 26 July and 8 August, 2018 to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @tobiaseigen or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

In solidarity,

Tobias Eigen,
Community Manager

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

Select the name starting with @ to see a popup with more details. Mention them in your reply, and they will be notified by email. I will add to this list as new members join.

(Yvonne Mmangisa) #2

Thank you for welcoming me here. Looking forward to a wonderful time of learning and sharing.

(Tobias Eigen) #3

(Joe Keyrouz) #4

Hello

I am Joe Keyrouz, the project manager of the Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance programme in Jordan (and previously in Lebanon). I look forward to discussing further will all of you.

Regards, Joe

(Mangwalala John Wilson) #5

Thanks for registering me into the Global Legal Empowerment Network and I feel confident that my association with this huge network will be worthwhile. I believe that my participation in the network’s activities and community discussions thereof shall assist in my daily legal empowerment endeavors through experience sharing encouragement.

I am working on building the capacity of people who come into conflict with the law by providing basic legal advice and assistance to suspects. I am also facilitating referral of petty offences from the formal justice system to Village Mediators or assist Village Mediators to refer serious cases to the formal justice system.

john wilson

(Ayotunde Adefowoju) #6

i am working on a project on how to liberate our teenagers from unwanted pregnancy by given them and organized sex education for them but i need helping hands for this great project. i call it great project because i want to 25000 teenagers girls and adolescence.

thanks so much for considerate me to participate on this platforms

(Falaye Rufus Olakitan) #7

Thanks indeed. I will get back please. FALAYE RUFUS.

(N.R.Musfika Laiju) #8

Thanks indeed, to accept me as a member of " Global Legal Empowerment Network". I am happy and proud of that to be a part of this group. Now I am working to prevent Gender-based violence among the displaced Rohingya community in Bangladesh. I am looking forward to your solidarity.

With best

(Philogene Bernadin) #9

Hello everyone, I am Philogene Bernadin, I am a social psychologist and lawyer, I work as a feedback officer and I campaign for the respect of workers’ rights in industrial parks in Haiti.I’m happy to be among you to learn from you and then share my experiences.

(Ann Kinyua) #10

Hello everyone. I am the founder of Wann Law Advocates (Kenya). I am glad to be here and I hope to work with you.

(Huda Aldanie) #11

Greetings!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I am looking forward to collaborate with this movement and help me and my organizations for possible learning opportunities. Thank you for the information and the assistance.

(Fatia Kiyange) #12

Hello members, I am Fatia Kiyange, Programmes Director at the African Palliative Care Association. We work with Governments and other key players to advocate for access to palliative care and pain relief for adults and children with life limiting and life threatening illnesses. This is a human rights issue and we use the human rights approach, in addition to the public health approach and we use the law and policy making process to achieve the right to palliative care and pain relief for patients in need. We work closely with lawyers and human rights institutions in this cause, as well as health care professionals and policy makers, patients and their families. Looking forward to learning new approaches from you all. FATIA

(Hammou Brahim Ouaissa) #13

Hello Believe nation

This is Hammou, An Algerian ambitious youth who is working to achieves some of life challenges, i have been a part of different NGOs and Scientific clubs, Working All together to make an impact in the Algerian Society, then i got the chance to study my master degree in Hungary, some of you may have heard that there is the CEU university that is very active lately, and it is with that university that i get to know this community through their last mail to me, suggesting me to join this multinational community. speaking about my current challenge, i am working on influencing and empowering the next generation though social media, i grew up a big concern about our environment since my childhood.

I want to say just that I am very honored to be in this wonderful community, every person here is to me an inspiration to push me move forwards to achieve my goals.

I say hello to each one of you and especially the new arrival, hey @abderahim, @aditipatil and @agborpaulam.

Hopefully we will contribute to this community and learn from it.

Cordially

Hammou Brahim Ouaissa

(Ahmad Zubair Rahimi) #14

Hello buddies, it’s Ahmad Zubair Rahimi, former junior engineer at GCMC-Kabul, Afghanistan.

Hope you best of luck.

Sincerely,

AHMAD ZUBAIR RAHIMI

(Harusi Mpatani) #15

Hi everyone, I am Harusi Mpatani, the Executive Director of Zanzibar Legal Services Center (ZLSC), Tanzania. ZLSC is the non profit organization which provides legal aid and assistance to poor and marginalized people in Zanzibar. I am happy to be part in this forum. Thanks Harusi

(Janvier BANANEZA KAYITARE) #16

I am Janvier BANANEZA KAYITARE, I was born in Kigali, Rwanda. I am the Paralegal in my organization .I believe in justice for all and have been a human right activist for three years. Janvier is looking at making human rights work in particular for vulnerable and disadvantaged groups in our society through empowering the community based advocates. By joining this Global Legal Empowerment Network I am looking forward to contribute my experience and benefit from the expertise of the people on this network in the area of legal empowerment.

Best,

Jan

(Kehinde Aliyi) #17

Thank you so much and I really appreciate.My question is how are we really going to put law into peoples hand because many are out there not knowing their rights and some are even scared so how do we put the motion in play.e

(Bashir Twesigye) #18

Happy to be part of this network. Civic Response on Environment and Development (CRED) is promoting rights of communities affected by the extractives industries in Uganda. We support community rights to land and other natural resources. We promote proactive strategies to make communities aware of the opportunities and challenges of extractives and equip them with the knowledge and tools to monitor and challenge illegal actions by the industry and speculators. We use legal strategies in pursuing change, and these include legal advisory as well as legal representation for vulnerable groups. We also support a wide network of paralegals across our areas of operation. We create spaces for communities to air their views and to demand accountability from leaders at the local and at the national levels.

(Chiko Malama) #19

my names are Malama chiko,I have been working as a paralegal officer for a longtime, currently am working as a coordinator with world wide community Care development, we are into child’s rights, particularly against child marriage, child neglect, child sexual exploitation,child labour and child domestic servant

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step