New member introductions (28 June to 12 July, 2018)

introductions

(Tobias Eigen) #1

Hello and welcome again, new members!

You will find we are friendly and open in this community. This a safe space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival and make it easy for you to introduce yourself to the community and ask your questions.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply.

If you have any concerns or feedback, or want to schedule a skype call to get a tour of our online platform, I’d love to hear from you. You can reach me directly by messaging @tobiaseigen or by sending an email to community@namati.org.

In solidarity,

Tobias

Tips: for new members :bulb:

Explore: How-to guides for practitioners :books:

Say hello: to the latest arrivals to our community! :wave:

Select the name starting with @ to see a popup with more details. Mention them in your reply, and they will be notified by email. I will add to this list as new members join.

(Tobias Eigen) #2

(Mohamed Abass Sankoh) #3

I am very much happy for joining an ambitious organization such as NAMATI.I am ready with all efforts to work for an organization ,for justice such as NAMATI.

(John Corker) #4

Hi Tobias

I work on how pro bono legal can help.

Cheers John

(Gerard Oro) #5

Hello Tobias, thank you so much for activating my account and welcoming me here. I’m still in the process of adjusting to law school, so it took me a while to log-in and check the messages and updates on this page.

I’m currently examining the student organizations at the law school I’m currently attending. So far, we have one organization engaged with community outreach programs that integrate rights education for children and poor neighborhoods in our province, but I have yet to familiarize myself with the kind of commitment they have with the communities they work with.

I’m hoping to learn from the posts here so that I could somewhat have an idea of which practices being done by our community’s members would work well with our context here, to maybe expand and improve the current framework being used by the student organization I plan to work with. There’s only so much law students can do here, but it seems to me that this is a really good place to learn. There is so much wealth of knowledge in the experiences of our community’s members doing grassroots legal programs for underprivileged communities. I hope to make a similar impact here.

All the best! Gerard

(Ashley van Waes) #9

(Mohamed Abass Sankoh) #10

It highly important for legal empowerment organizations to engage in massive global campaigns about legal empowerment services to youths for awareness. What could Namati do to help raises awareness about citizenship,statelessness,domestic violence, corruption, state properties ,… for Sierra Leone.

(Mohamed Abass Sankoh) #11

Passport_images_485

Mohamed Abass Sankoh Advocacy Officer at Bright Light Youths Empowerment (BLYE), and Founder of Impact Youths Organization (IYO).

I joined Namati’s Legal Empowerment Network for us to put hands together so we could legally remove people, from the dark world of; Injustice, statelessness, civic rights restrictions, corruption, state land problems,…

Presently engage in youths and entrepreneurial programs.

I managed to help school children with school materials, mentoring children about character building, civic rights, teaching sciences, leadership. Presently, i am setting up a small clinic and computer lab, at Impact International High School Hastings. I would be very glad if I could have a help for the completion of the above projects.

(Tobias Eigen) #12

Hi Mohamed! Great to see you here. You are very welcome! The work you are doing is laudable and valuable - keep it up!

I like the idea of gathering materials suitable for promoting legal empowerment in schools - maybe we can start a list topic together. Let me know if you’re interested and we can start one.

I added the photo you uploaded to your profile.

(Mohamed Abass Sankoh) #13

Many thanks for that message, I am highly interested.

How likely are you to recommend the Global Legal Empowerment Network?

Thank you. What can we do better?

Thank you. What can be improved?

Fabulous! What do you like most?

Thanks for giving feedback! If you’re reporting a problem, please tell us what you were doing when the problem occurred, what you expected to happen and what actually happened.

skip this step