New Member Introductions (29 October - 11 November)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This is a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing, and collaboration. Kindly note that this is also a civilized space, with guidelines, for the purpose of improving the discussions. Please take some time to go through our community guidelines.

Here in this topic, we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

**Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

1 Like

I found the organization through a google search. I love advocacy and volunteering, joining your organization will give me an indepth knowledge into advocacy and all that it entails. Yes, i want to embark on a community awareness program and may need some support

3 Likes

Hi, I am Ubaid Sidique. I am from India and I am a research scholar working on Environmental Justice. I came to know about Namati while searching for organisations working in this field. Joining Namati will not only help me in my research endeavour but would also connect me with my peers working for environment, justice and sustainability. Hoping for active participation here.

2 Likes

Glad to have you onboard @KaluHenrietta! We run a growing library of resources that might help you with your Community Awareness Program. Feel free to look it up.

1 Like

Hello @UBAIDSIDIQUE, Glad to have you in our community. Feel free to visit our Environmental Justice special category and join in on conversations with fellow environmentalists.

2 Likes

I am working on labour relation issues concerning security officers in our country Namibia are subjected to extreme degradation and non-payment of their monthly remunerations. I am trying to represent some of them in labour related labour court hearing cases/arbitrations. As a paralegal, I work with lack of basic office equipments such as photocopy papers, printers, computers and other necessary tools. I am also involved in community courts whereby I assist community members to state their cases in much more professional way.

From Paternus Thekwane

1 Like

Thanks @thekwane, and welcome! Your work as a community paralegal sounds familiar, as does the labor rights work, which reminds me of Platform for Labour Action in Uganda. Not only are there lots of community paralegals in our network, but many members in Zambia too.

Hi Mutanu,

I am Hafswa Shirazy from Kenya. I got acquainted on Namati through a women and youth group i am a member off.

Currently working on community empowernment projects for youths and women mostly single women, needy and poor community members.

This network has an expanse network and is affiliated with alot of organisation. In order to empower my community. I would like to know more on this network, be part of it and engage in important topics.

Thank you for reaching out to me as a new member.

Kind regards,

Hafswa Shirazy

Thank you I appreciate

Good Day to you. Thank you for the warm welcome to the group. My Name is Mercy Ngumi and I am a Kenyan based in Abuja and have just recently enrolled at the University of Nairobi for a Masters of Arts degree in Women, Leadership and governance in Africa. I came across Namati.org while researching about women’s rights in relation to CEDAW. Thank you for approving my membership. I am passionate about Women and in my pursuit for my Masters I am sure that I will be able to access documentation and resource to sharpen my skills and also my focus on women’s rights.

Good day to you all. I am pleased to be here. My name is Walter from Zimbabwe. I just came across Namati organization as I was surfing on the net. I am a professional who is interested in issues to do with transitional justice. I hope to broaden my understanding on issues to do with investigations and handling of human rights cases, conflicts and related issues. This will assist me as a practitioner and also as an academic. Thank you.

Hello Friends, I am John Balla Marah from Sierra Leone. I found about this group through internet browsing Hope you will accept me as a member Regards John

I am Bassey Job from Akwa Ibom State South, south Nigeria and I stumbled with this group during my search for Nigerian federal government Agricultural schemes in other to register our farm. We are working on hunger eradication and abject poverty eradication through Agriculture. Our focus is on maize farming. But being barely 4 months old since incorporation we have couple of limitations but we will not give up on the mission…