New member introductions (3-15 July 2020)

Welcome new members! :wave:

We are glad you are here. This a space where you can make new friends from around the world and keep in touch for solidarity, learning, sharing and collaboration.

Here in this topic we bring together new members to celebrate your arrival.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? Just add a reply using the blue Reply button at the bottom.

4 Likes

Muy buen día para todos y todas. Gracias por la Bienvenida, es un gran gusto compartir estos espacios de aprendizaje. Dejamos un saludo. Pablo Godoy Abogado Trabajando por la Economía Social (TES).

3 Likes

@Abernal @AdriRamos @agorajujuy @Analialuna @AnaNoriega @andrea.rivas.AFDA @Andrea1970 @AndreaC @Aye @Barbara @BarbaraCesar @Betaniadv23 @carolinasalasm81 @Celeste20 @CelestePousa @ClaudiaVirginia @Cleuton @DabeybaWalepskaLimachiFlores @DianaMezaValdez @dyadha_morga @edgarrobles @emiliagam @Esther @EvaTorres @FacuCruz @FatimaLopezI @Fcotado @fermalnis @FlorSavocaTruzzo @FranciscoH @Gisselacastillo @GloriaElvira @gretapena @Jarintzin07RC @Johannacura @JohannaMelyna @JuanCarlosDantiacq @JuanPablo @Julissa @linconaguiarr @lissania @lmartinez @LuciaCastroFeijoo @luisafalcao @Luna.Mazzilli @malkamanestar @ManuCartolari @Mara @marbaran @MariaCarlaRodriguez @MariaJoseLubertino @Mariali @Mariana_marques2 @mariavazquez @MartinFederico @MiriamCristina @MonicaMenini @MontserratCastillo @Nicolle @olivosocupados @PabloGodoy @pablosch @paulojoaquin @PerrinePastor @PilarSalaberria @Pukara @Rawy @robertoaponte @rociogg_1 @rodrigowalter @Roraima @Rosa @rpoitevin @SoniaVonLepel @teresagonzalez @teresitasacon @TES @valeriachiavettaFEC @VeronicaMarisol @VeronicaPascual @VictoriaCano @violetagonzalez @Virginia @walela @yaninamarchese

Estimades, bienvenidas/os a la Red de Empoderamiento Jurídico y a la comunidad latinoamericana de la Red!

Como primeros pasos les animaría a:

3 Likes

I am happy to be in this group. I got this group on the internet and got interested. I am a program manager at Kibengo Youth Care Activists, aiming at environmental protection and sustainability through tree planting, biogas installation and energy stove making. I am here to make friends and get advice. Thanks!

3 Likes

Dear All, I would like to thank the Legal Empowerment Network for having me as one of the members. I am Advocate Abesh Adhikari. I did my BA.LLB in Criminal Law and Justice system and LLM in International Bussiness and Trade Law. I am a practicing attorney and love to call my self a generalist in the legal sector. I practice in all forms of courts in Nepal and have been engaged in litigation of all kinds of cases but not limited to commercial litigation, civil and property-related cases, cases related to cybercrime, criminal law. I am currently working as a Managing Partner of Lex Jurist which is a Kathmandu based law firm. I also work as a Chief Legal Officer of Smartlaw incuubator pvt.ltd. which is a tech-based company to provide legal services in Nepal using technology. I am also involved as a consultant and fellow researcher at Trail International.

Please introduce yourself! How did you find us and what prompted you to join? What are you working on right now that you want to share or that you need help with? I got to connect with LEN by one of my colleagues. My enthusiasm to expand my network throughout prompted me to join the network. I look forward to expanding the nature of the work I do in Nepal. I have been planning to conduct student exchange programs in Nepal for a better contribution to my community. I believe that it is not possible right now but I look forward to being engaged in ample of opportunities after joining this network. Please let me know if any of us working priority is in Nepal. I would be glad to exchange my experience with you all.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 Likes

Hi @mwesigyerobert and @AbeshAdhikari, thanks for introducing yourselves and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

To start, I would encourage you to:

3 Likes

Hello all , as I see it already I am not a new member ,but I changed my mail adress since March 2020 . I am always here and happy to be part of Namati . Stay healthy every body .

3 Likes

Hello to all members and to GLEN staff.

I am happy to be a member of this very important network, MEEV is a Kenyan movement working against extremism and electoral violence. The two themes have led to huge number of deaths of young people. The problems ara caused by lack of employment, corruption in government and police brutality.

I hope to learn from peers and also to contribute my knowledge on the issues of human rights and share my experience working with youth and women in distress.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Thank you @martaalmela for the introduction and thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am Jay Monteverde, a new Deputy Director and US Environmental Justice Program Lead. I have worked on human rights and social justice issues through grassroots organizing and law and policy advocacy for 20 years, focusing on environmental justice, immigrant rights, and protection of civil liberties. I practiced law as Assistant Attorney General in the US State of Illinois where, among other things, I won a case that shut down an unlawful waste dump in a poor, minority neighborhood of Chicago. I then moved to China and joined the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative, where my programs included environmental justice work that supported grassroots legal empowerment efforts, through which ordinary citizens used law to combat pollution.

At Namati, I will be overseeing the US environmental justice program as the first full-time program lead, working closely with the rest of the team and the grassroots advocates to assist communities in accessing justice and protecting their environmental health and rights.

I look forward to discussing with everyone, drawing from the amazing wealth of experience in the global network, and figuring out how the lessons learned around the world can be applied in the US!

3 Likes

Hi @risperpete and @jaymonteverde, thanks for introducing yourselves and welcome to the Legal Empowerment Network!

2 Likes

Hi everyone, my name is Faiza and I live in a small rural area called Riebeek Valley in the Western Province of South Africa. My town’s name is Riebeek Kasteel, I am originally from Cape Town but settled here because my husband was born here. I work as a paralegal for a community organization called Nuwekloof Rural Development and I run the social/ community development program. I am also one of 4 directors. I am happy to engage in discussions, our organization is going through a rough patch.

3 Likes

Thanks you very uch, I am really glad to be here.

2 Likes

Dear Abesh Adhikari, You are welcome to the group… This is much beneficial forum to share and exchange of expertise and good practice… Could you please share your whatsapp number and email address

1 Like

Very interesting write-ups am coming across. As a newly registered member, am navigating through in order to familiarise myself with different aspects of and in this group. I hope I will get acquainted with this very fast

2 Likes

Que bom estar presente nas plataformas e conhecer trabalhos maravilhosos

2 Likes